Model Cars Magazine Forum

My custom 1/16 trucks...

I'm new here and I wanted to post a few pics of custom 1/16-scale big rigs I've built. These were built about 10 years ago and most of them were sold to a guy on the East Coast. Sadly I recently found pics of these trucks and others I sold to him on the guy's "Flickr" page and he is claiming that he built them. With the reissue of the 1/16 Peterbilt I'm hoping to get back into building more trucks. Enjoy!

gallery_78_15_10940.jpggallery_78_15_80023.jpggallery_78_15_23244.jpggallery_78_15_55762.jpg

Welcome Michael

I agree with Swamp Dog on this one.

Look forward to seeing some of your builds.

I like all of them but the Wrecker is the best one of all to me.

Welcome Michael..i can see why the guy says he built them..people like that buy models because they cant build....very nice trucks...keep up the great work...

Welcome Mike, Glad to see you here!

Those trucks are awesome and I can't wait to see you get started again. Maybe you can inspire me to build one from my stash, you know I have plenty of 1/16 farm tractors to go with it,lol.

AzTom

Welcome Mike, Glad to see you here!

Those trucks are awesome and I can't wait to see you get started again. Maybe you can inspire me to build one from my stash, you know I have plenty of 1/16 farm tractors to go with it,lol.

AzTom

Go for it Tom! :lol: I never would've even considered doing another 1/16 project if the Monogram Pete had not been reissued, that's what's making it affordable. It's been almost 10 years since I did my last 1/16 big rig, and the aftermarket parts that are available now weren't around back then. I had to scratchbuild all the goodies you see in my 1/16 pics. The chrome plating back then was very costly too which is why I'm glad the plated parts in the reissues are chrome rather than the aluminum finish. That'll cut down on the chrome cost quite a bit.