Model Cars Magazine Forum

waiting for the fiance

mnwildpunk

I got a call this morning from a friend saying he found a 70 ford mustang and if I was interested. even as a die hard MOPAR guy this is my favorite ford. I told him Ya one because #1 its my fav ford and #2 my fiance always wanted a mustang. i go look at it and long story short it's now in my garage. but I'm waiting to see if this is a present for my Fiance' or a one way ticket to the sofa. lol

Great score! that sofa joke was quite telling. When I read the subject of your post the first thing that popped into my mind was "geez, I've been waiting for a fiancee' for 20 years!" :lol: I dig the 70's too, I had made a down on a totally stock red grande around 1975. When I came to purchase it a few days later they had pimped it out with white vinyl lace decals and appliance fake basket wires on whitewalls. Needless to say I got my down back. What model is yours, and how about the drivetrain?

Edited by Draggon

Good question freak. Like I said it has an H in the vin but what I thought of fords was all 351's where mach 1's bit there isn't a single marking if that is so. But from what I read it's only a 2 v carb so I'm looking for an answer from the ford guys

H code says 351 that does not have to be the Cleveland . If it was a Mach 1 you would see tags or strips on the outside. Inside the door panels would have a marking also If I remember right.

If you just going to drive it and enjoy it get a roller 5.0 with a 5 speed .It will be cheaper in the long run and will get down the road fine.