Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle w/ Procharger

Hey everyone,

My name is Ryan and I am long time lurker here and a lot of your build have inspired me to try making my own parts and doing certain things. I wanted to share my latest build with you guys and look forward to wee what you have to say. This is one of 5th builds and one of my most detailed . I am trying new things and I am still adjusting to my eyes after my cataract surgery ( makes me see double vision up close) so I don't the hand eye coordination I used to have when working on small things.

The build has a few flaws and things I will do different next time but that's the joy of modeling, always having something different to try.

The kit was the newest re- release of the pro-street 67 Chevelle by Revell ( used to be molded in green and know as the bad rat if I may recall correctly )

IMG_4128.sized.jpgIMG_4129.sized.jpg

IMG_4130.sized.jpg

IMG_4131.sized.jpg

IMG_4132.sized.jpg

IMG_4133.sized.jpg

This is the start of the build with the mock up. I hand made the : headers, motor plate, procharger, belt drive, cowl hood, and I lengthened the wheelie bars, all of this was done with styrene.

here is the motor with the car hat and a the distributor in ( I was originally going to do this as an alcohol motor so there was no inter cooler).

IMG_4169.sized.jpg

IMG_4170.sized.jpg

IMG_4171.sized.jpg

I then had some problems with hood clearance for the blow off valves and decided this was no longer a true street car so I took the passenger seat out and built a procharger 2400 atw intercooler, made a B&M shifter, and added bars to the cage .

IMG_4284.sized.jpg

IMG_4286.sized.jpg

I then made new charge pipes ( I used heat shrink for couples and it works great), a front mounted fuel cell, and a aeromotive fuel pressure regulator .

IMG_4289.sized.jpg

IMG_4290.sized.jpg

so I wanted a nice color so Tamyia french blue was what i chose, and for a little added kick I cleared it with the Tamyia pearl clear.

IMG_4291.sized.jpg

I then used some BMF to do the handles, wiper, and vent windows and i weathered the cowl vents

IMG_4310.sized.jpg

I then thought the build could benefit from some different rims and some slicks on the back

IMG_4316.sized.jpg

IMG_4317.sized.jpg

I then added some decals a custom cute with mount to finish it off

IMG_4322.sized.jpg

IMG_4318.sized.jpg

IMG_4323.sized.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys!

The carb hat I used 2 different sizes of styrene tube. I used a bigger diameter to fit over the carb and cut it then I took the smaller tube and cut a notch out of it ( the same size the bigger tube) then glued it on top. I then used filler to build it up and fill the gaps, then sanded it into shape

Thanks Tyrone! I wish I can be at your level one day, but I\m just doing what I can in the off season. I can honestly say that your builds are some of the ones that inspired me and made me want to build a car like this. My new project will be a scaled down version of my 10.5w car a 1985 monte carlo with a Reher Morison 540bbc& an f3r ( the one in my display pic)