Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Resin Ford 144 c.i. L6 from '62 AMT Falcon kit

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I see (Ken) Kitchen Table Resins made / makes these. Anyone have any experience with them??

Anybody know right off hand if there's another resin copy of this engine available?

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Posted

Rest assured that Ken's resin castings are among the best. White, clean and smooth. Just this week I received his '42 Ford conversion kit for the Revell '48 Ford. Do not soak then in any chemical however. You'll get a spoonful of goo in return. Clean and rinse lightly with soap and water.

John

Posted

Thank you sir. I appreciate the information.

Posted

:D Hi I have 7 or 8 of his ford 200 6clys and 6 of his ford 250 6clys and ya they are very nice just need a small clean up and your on your way you will like them.

Posted

Rest assured that Ken's resin castings are among the best. White, clean and smooth. Just this week I received his '42 Ford conversion kit for the Revell '48 Ford. Do not soak then in any chemical however. You'll get a spoonful of goo in return. Clean and rinse lightly with soap and water.

John

:huh:

What on Earth does he cast them out of if they're that sensitive?

Charlie Larkin

Posted (edited)

I stuck one of Ken's sixes in an AMT 66 Mustang a couple years ago. Very nice engine!

5097982191_3dcb17f9a1.jpg

Edited by Sixties Sam

Posted

Charlie Larkin

Not sure but the same thing has happened to me when I tried to soak a Tom Coolidge resin piece in Westley's Bleech White. It quickly turned in to a sticky mess.

Today, I only soak Modelhaus pieces in the Westley's. Everything else gets at least soap & water at least with Comet, Bon Ami or Dawn Power Dissolver at the most.

John

Posted

Charlie Larkin

I use dried shaving cream and old toothpaste!! LOL.

Seriously I use Smooth-on resins products. I've never had any reports of problems before. I need to run a couple of tests myself to see what happens. I'll let you know what I find out.

Ken Kitchen

Kitchen Table Resins