Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell S.E 1/25 1968 Dodge Charger R/T (Hemified).

BMX Addicts

Project number 5...

Just finished with a 1982 Renault 5 Turbo and thanks to a fellow member (You know who you are), decided to build the Revell Special Edition 68' Dodge Charger R/T; this kit is way above my skill level, but I'm willing to give it my best shot.

photo_zps4333fbe6.jpg

photo-2_zpsb7eec5b9.jpg

Curiously, I was not able to find a single photo of the car as shown in the Hemified version (Not a complete model, not a real car... Nothing!!!)... So I would like to make it just like it

photo-1_zpsb9e94dca.jpg

But, since I usually buy two kits (In case I ruin something), would like to paint the second body in full black (This also to be used as a race version).

FullBlack_zps2092712b.jpg

This kit is massive, well, for my newbie skills at least, and is probably the toughest I have yet to deal with, so please hang tight.

photo-3_zpse436013f.jpg

Thank you for reading.

Dude! Give yourself credit! Your models look great and I don't see why this wont be a success.

Thank you for the props Oscar, I'm really hyped about this one.

Good luck on the build.

Holy cow that's an arsenal of Tamiya sprays!

Thank you James.

That is a lot of spray right?, the thing is I'm really bad with the brushes and just getting a hold of the airbrush (Basically just use it for clear coats to be safe), but I have gotten kinda good with the spray cans, so pretty much spray paint for "everything"!!! (Waste of paint? maybe, but the stuff comes out really neat and clean).

On a separate note, the kit says remove the body emblems and the fender lights... been starring at them for some time trying to figure out if I should attempt a clean cut, or if just sand them out :wacko:

Edited by BMX Addicts

I know it looks a bit soft but I wanted to keep it mellow so that the other parts pop out a little better... This was tough but I'm really happy how it came out :P

photo-9_zps2eac81b0.jpg

photo-10_zpsb239c7a7.jpg

photo-11_zps742c0d8c.jpg

photo-8_zpse9adb160.jpg

Looking good so far one alittle advise remove the name off the gas tank. Anything looks real good keep up the good work.

John Pol