Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell S.E 1/25 1968 Dodge Charger R/T (Hemified).

BMX Addicts

I agree, i do as well unless i can tack it in with some fast setting glue. I love it for headlights as well, got to love it drying clear and not foggy.

Thank you guys.

Who manufactures the Window Glue?... I use ultra thin Tamiya cement mostly (Because of its capillarity properties).

I've been using the Testors brand.

I think the stuff I have is testors funny shaped container purple label. I'm at work or I would snap a pic. It's good stuff. Dries crystal clear. Can use it to make windows too it says but have not tried. My only gripe is shelf life. It seems to go yellow if it's old. I did some headlights with an old batch and within a few days they yellowed

I think the stuff I have is testors funny shaped container purple label. I'm at work or I would snap a pic. It's good stuff. Dries crystal clear. Can use it to make windows too it says but have not tried. My only gripe is shelf life. It seems to go yellow if it's old. I did some headlights with an old batch and within a few days they yellowed

Same thing i'm using. Haven't had any trouble out of shelf life. I have had 2 bottles for 3 years now, only opened one and both still look milky white.

Juan , I totally admire your ambition and drive ! Keep the faith and keep up the great work !

Your colour choices for engines and whatnot are really unique ; that Hemi looks super cool ! I am happy that you didn't "lose your religion" over the ignition wiring *ordeal* :) .

I am certain that your building skills will continue to improve en masse !

Thanks a million John... I'm obviously not really good at constructive/destructive criticism, but the one thing I know is I'm building these for myself, sharing them with you guys is just a bonus :D

This is only a sneak peek but I can say right off the bat "Gotta LOVE Revell decals"!!!

photo-37_zps671e79ba.jpg

Shiiiish.... It was one of "those" days!!!!

Had to improvise a windshield decal because the glue dripped a little bit over the glass...

photo-39_zps13360e50.jpg

On top of that, I ruined the top decal removing the excess tape (Weird considering it was already clear coated) so I had to replace it.

photo-40_zpsd2a287b2.jpg

The engine and radiator wall went in easily enough though

photo-41_zps7cfb9e46.jpg

photo-42_zps9a2e4a73.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality... Low lighting.

Ah!!!... I know this is a "car forum" but for the past two days I have been starring at the stuff presented at the recent Moson Model Show in Hungary

Seems like it will take a lifetime to acquire the skills needed to do weathering, washes, etc etc... But is certainly something that cranks my gears!!!

Edited by BMX Addicts

That is probably a rookie mistake Derick (For not test fitting ahead), The firewall is suposed to be glued three steps before the side panels and the dashboard, not to mention the cockpit bay got crooked after it was painted...

But now that you mentioned, if you look at the photo of the engine bay in the box, there is also a small gap there... Maybe not as bad as mine though :lol:

Edited by BMX Addicts

Guess i got lucky. My firewall is tight with no gap at all. No test fitting either, just glued the firewall first to the floor pan and let it "float" meaning i did not glue it to the side panels of the interior tub. I let the dash hold that section together. Going to snap a finished picture for the build thread here in a few.

You were really lucky then James, I had to break it loose to fit the side panels and the dashboard, otherwise the dashboard would have been tilted to the back.

I did see your green Charger, but the thread only goes to the point where you painted the chassis.

Edited by BMX Addicts