Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Merc

JasonC

Nice looking build! LOVE the color. Krylon is horrible, (I did my Willys Gasser in this color) but you sure made it look perfect.

Thanks, i was thinking i made a mistake with this paint at first, but some how it turned out!

Sharp! That color totally suits it. If you're in the mood to experiment next time, try the satin variety of Krylon paint, if there is one in your chosen color. Then just add some clear coats. I've had good luck with that.

Beautiful Merc!

It is Krylon Satin.

That is a sweet build, l just bought a can of that color.

I wish you luck!

And thanks everyone. I will say that what it was doing with me was when i sprayed the clear (Rustoleum) it acted like it would thin the base coat on parts of the car. I had to respray and lightly coat the clear then. Now i used Testers Dull coat for the int and it worked fine! Maybe it was the clear i was using?

I wish you luck!

And thanks everyone. I will say that what it was doing with me was when i sprayed the clear (Rustoleum) it acted like it would thin the base coat on parts of the car. I had to respray and lightly coat the clear then. Now i used Testers Dull coat for the int and it worked fine! Maybe it was the clear i was using?

Aha, so it wasn't just me! I tried to do a ' 52 Hudson with satin Krylon Pistachio, and when I put the Rustoleum clear coat on, it cracked big time! Don't know why that color/clear reacted that way, and that was the only time that happened with Rustoleum over a Krylon satin paint. But I don't feel like so much of a clueless twit now, at any rate!

post-11710-0-06920300-1366515904_thumb.j