Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP 84 Candies&Hughes funny car 1/24

MoparMark

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got er done. Thanks again to Charlie at Pro-Tech for the braided line,all the fittings, plug wire, and chute kit to help make it look right. I used testors true blue pearl with a little transparent magenta to shift the blue towards the cooler purple tone. I also used Slixx decals and separated the Candies from the Hughes to match the car a little better and also sctatchbuilt the rear air foil as well. Thanks Art for the kudos, there were alot of great builds at the LLC NNL and was happy to be there,I didn't think I had a chance. About the blower belt, dragcarz, I made it myself and I'll post a little somethin' in the tips and tutorials topic in the forum pretty soon. Thanks again for the interest.post-9426-0-29574200-1377881993_thumb.jppost-9426-0-22869900-1377882033_thumb.jppost-9426-0-89672800-1377882052_thumb.jp

Thanks for all the great comments to all. Charlie, thanks again for the top notch parts, and thank you John, I'm looking forward to seeing your new stunners at the next show and have a good chat as well. I'll try to post some pics of the underbody for ya krazyglu and I hope I have the body supports in the right spots. The guys at the NHRA museum had me firmly wrestled to the ground before I could jump the ropes and get the body up for a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a shot of the underbody for krazyglu.post-9426-0-68021800-1379206702_thumb.jp As for the blower belt some of you were asking about, here's how I made it. This may get put in the tips and tricks section but here it goes. First I got Evergreen .020 black styrene sheet, cut a strip to go around a microscale bottle cap. Any polypropelyne cap will do.post-9426-0-63869900-1379207470_thumb.jp Wrap it tight with rubberbands and through cappillary action drop liquid styrene cement on the top of the cap and it will fill the v groves from the cap. post-9426-0-34330600-1379207676_thumb.jpLet it sit for an hour or two and unwrap. The black styrene will have the impression of the v grove and be quite plieable,you can straighten the strip and get the slight curve out of it as well.Be sure to put it between a small piece of paper towel and then something flat and heavy and leave it for several hours maybe a day to be sure all the styrene glue is evaporated out of the plastic. Once dry I backsand the smooth side to desired thickness and it starts getting much easier to bend around the pullies. Speaking of pullies you can use the excess to wrap around stock tubing to make pullies that will mesh with your belt.post-9426-0-55119300-1379208493_thumb.jp It's real easy once you give it a few tries and the light bulb will go on for other uses and larger scale stuff as well. Thanks for the interest