Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 GTO Judge

Helix

G' Day Folks, working on a few Muscle Cars at the moment and here's my latest off the bench :) !

Revell kit, nice to build, just good fun.

Gone for the factory look, tried to capture the 'Matador Red' but it didn't quite workout (Note to self.......Airbrush :D !)

Used Tamiya TS-33 'Dull Red' for the base coat and Mr Color 'Red Madder' for the final coat. In the end she looks okay to me B) (Note, TS-33 with a gloss coat was close, but too brown ;))

Added a few details to the engine, used a different kind of material for the air filter set up and what surprised me was no 'ram-air' switch on the dash, so I put one in ;)

Anyway, hope you like it.

Cheers

Ray

DSC01409_zps0a4201e8.jpg

DSC01410_zps450f60a9.jpg

DSC01425_zps0018016b.jpg

DSC01427_zpsb4cbea15.jpg

DSC01433_zps6d14468b.jpg

DSC01426_zps25a34090.jpg

DSC01432_zps7799c731.jpg

DSC01418_zps6fd08fb5.jpg

Great car, great pic's of said car, love that interior shot. Two question, how do you shot such nice up close shost in focus and I don't understand the air cleaner, is it factory.

Laz

Edited by lazlow

I agree with Erik. I loved the photos until I got to the engine shot and went "huh?". I could be wrong because I can not recall off the top of my head what the RA air cleaner looked like. I'd be surprised if it did look like that. Please don't take this as a slam, as I absolutely LOVE the rest of your build. Great paint work. I'll be looking at yours for ideas when I build mine. I want to do it in Verdoro Green or something similar.

Later-

Great car, great pic's of said car, love that interior shot. Two question, how do you shot such nice up close shost in focus and I don't understand the air cleaner, is it factory.

Laz

Laz, have you got the 'Macro' feature on your camera? This will capture the 'close up' shots mate ;)

In answer to the air cleaner question by you, Erik and Tom, here is what I was trying to replicate, just experimenting.

No offence taken to the comments guys, appreciate your feedback ;) .

Pontiac-GTO-Judge-Ram-Air-III_6_zps83b17

Beautiful build Ray.

On the air cleaner foam filter, what about using a piece of basswood or similar carving type wood? You can shape it and then spray it primer gray. Easy to drill too.

Just an idea. ;)

Thanks Ken, another mate from 'Down Under' told me about using the foam meat is packed in from the supermarket ;) !