Model Cars Magazine Forum

Superglue ?

Super glue and styrene glue both have roles in model building. I typically use three or four glues per project because they each excel at different needs. Super glue, styrene glue, epoxy glue, and white glue are my weapons of choice and I'm still exploring more.

I use it cause its faster. BUT do not use it around the clear parts or the fumes will fog you windows. I put in the windos at least 2 howers after my last use of supper glue then I use regular model glue for that.

Laz

John, Cyno Accranate , uh Super Glue has it's uses . It's fine for gluing dis similar objects , ie, Fiberglass to paper . Generally speaking , most Super Glues only join two surfaces in a TINY spot as too much and that stuff WILL NOT CURE!

1. Super Glues cure with the ABSENCE of oxygen. Styreene plastic glues will actually "Melt " two pieces of plastic together . So too will a small drop of Acetone which the "Liquid styrene adhesives are .As it's already been stated , Styreene adhesive WILL NOT JOIN EPOXY RESINS !

2. Epoxy adhesive can be used to join "Clear " parts to Styreene . However , this glue can be tricky if any pressure is applied to a joint also . My suggestion here is if it's a part that will get moved as in a working part , don't use it .

3. White Elmer's Glue can also be used on gluing Clear parts to Styreene too.

4. If you wish to join a metal or P. E part to either Styreene or to Resin, I'd suggest the Clear Epoxy .

• 5 months later...