Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DIY Trailer Dolly

9 posts in this topic

Posted

If you are thinking "Say... that looks like it used to be a truck!", you are correct.

024-vi.jpg

025-vi.jpg

026-vi.jpg

027-vi.jpg

Posted

I bet it would be a monster to back into a dock with a loaded trailer. Surely it can't turn very well.

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't want to be the driver having to spot that contraption manually to build a set of doubles. One gnarly looking piece of ... :huh: Equipment.

Edited by Gramps2u

Posted

It's used by a mini-storage facility to move the old Fruehauf trailer they have on site a couple of times a year so that they can mow the grass around it. Basically it only needs to go back and forth, but you can still see a few gouge marks where the dolly got a little squirrelly. :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

LOL I was wondering what brave Super trucker would take that on the highway! Complete with Bias ply skins. Nice subject for a modeling project. Are you going to tackle this one ? :)

Edited by Gramps2u

Posted

I'm thinking about it. I've got enough spare truck frames and axles laying around...

Posted

If any one could do it , We know you sure can no doubt ! Have to keep any eye out for it no doubt.

Posted

I'm thinking about it. I've got enough spare truck frames and axles laying around...

I think you would have to post it in "All the Rest"!!!

Posted

I think you would have to post it in "All the Rest"!!!

Unless it ends up as part of a scrap load on a trailer or part of a diorama. Either of which are possible...