Model Cars Magazine Forum

"MOGGY" BOOGIE (Doctor Cranky's 1935 Morgan) 1/16th Scale

Dr. Cranky

Oh yeah, the Doctor was feeling it the minute he saw the MINI CRAFT MINIATURES kit on sale at SQUADRON HOBBIES. The I saw the Jay Leno episode with his own MOGGY, and I was hooked.

There are several video updates over at THE CRANKY SHOW of this build in progress, but here are the completed pictures.

Not a kit for beginners, and certainly a challenge for those of you with welding skills. I'd love to see someone make the frame for this one out of brass tubing. That would be so cool.

It's a wonderful kit but a bit finicky at times.

Enjoy, Crankyheads!

IMG_0169-vi.jpg

The paint is British Racing Green by Tamiya. Even though it looks grainy on these pictures, the paint has been buffed and shined.

IMG_0171-vi.jpg

IMG_0172-vi.jpg

IMG_0182-vi.jpg

LOL! Yes, blame it all on me. This is my first 1/16th scale kit and I think I am hooked on these bigger scales.

First biggie???? No way!!!! You made it look real man. Not my kind of " car " but I dig it!!!!!!!!!!!

nice clean build Doctor!..

and yeah in bigger scale everything even looks better up close..speaking of which how long is this kit in total..cause i have no idea what the size of a real Morgan is...it looks small(ish) as a kit

• 3 weeks later...

oh wow!! how the heck did i miss this one?? that is beautiful virgil! very nice work man! now tell me, what is it? LOL i`ve never saw one of these before buddy....it looks like part motorcycle, part car

........its crazy lookin. very neat tho, nice addition to the collection!

cheers

bryan

minicraft has some nice kits, the lhs has a beautiful 1/16th scale lincoln by minicraft, i think i might get it, and do it all stock, nice and shiney black! it already has opening doors and stuff, all it would need is a killer paintjob, and alot of detail wiring/plumbing....

bryan