Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 67 Corvette Coupe 427

CrazyGirl

First build? No. I don't believe it.

First time with a lathe? I really don't believe that.

Results are way, way too good for first attempts.

Paint ... maybe. But nobody has beginner's luck that good with their first half-dozen tiny pieces on a lathe.

Wow. :o I'm in awe! I can't do that after all these years. Dash looks great. Can't wait to see the rest.

Edited by Danno

sorry for posting every two minutes , but I am actually excited about this build !!

Just like Bill said (Ace-Garageguy)after all it just a hobby,its something you should get excited about and want to share and most of all to be enjoyed!!!......The 'Vette is gonna be awesome when done,interior work is killer.....

Thanks all for the very kind words !! ,, , Jim , I just checked , the shifter on the 1:1 is all chrome and what's funny I was going to paint the knob white cause I thought the 1:1 was white but got lazy and I actually wanted to strip the chrome and clean up the shifter and alclad it , and now the more I look at it the more it's bugging me , so I am stripping it now , so I owe you one lol , ,, Jaydar the red is Model Master Italian Red , I tried about 5 shades of red and didn't like any of them and in the end I bought Italian Red and when I first saw the listing for it my mind said , Italian Red in an American car ,, must be a funky shade of red , turns out it was the best shade , who would of thunk :lol:

For some of my builds I actually hit up places like year one or summit for the perfect match interior paints. They are laquers usually. Then you get exactally the color you need. I hit up my ford dealer alot for the newer interior stuff. Especially the tan shades

Wow, I've been following this build since you started it, and this sure is fantastic build. You are doing incredible job with the interior, that Dash is really nice and those Machined Cauges and switches really give it a nice finished look. Seats are very nice too. I can't wait to see more. Oh, and hey I got two of these Vette kits, mind if I send both dashboards to you to be detailed? :lol: :lol:

005_zps1a9edb6d.jpgThanks for the nice words everyone ,,, WOW Ron , I wanna see more of that build , it looks amazing !!! sure Niko , send 20 dashboards LOL ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, anyway a little update , painted the door panels and put the trim on one and it came out great , now I will make the trim for the other side and put the door pull handles and window cranks and door lock and door handle on and by Thursday the interior will be 100% complete !! oops I just noticed a detail I need to get to , the black strip on the emergency brake where it pulls up ,, maybe some tape painted flat black 003_zps57a2ab4b.jpg

Edited by CrazyGirl