Model Cars Magazine Forum

Opel GT Gasser style. Update 4-26

cobraman

Started this wip in the "on the workbench " section but as it will be a drag car "Gasser Style " I guess it really belongs here. Some parts painted. Body is Flamming Orange. Still needs to be decaled and cleared. Lots more still to do.

gottodayopel004_zpsd469b90d.jpg

gottodayopel005_zpse8d2a1de.jpg

Edited by cobraman

Got a little farther down the road on this wip. Simple kit but kind of strange building the "gasser" version. Why ? Well the straight axel has the front of the leaf springs to the front apron and not the chassis. Did not fix as I don't want to spend that kind of time on it and wasn't sure the best way to do that. Secondly, if you use the straight axel you of course don't have to and infact can't use the metal axels. Thats ok but the kit straight axel has very heavy "thick " stubs to mount the wheels. The wheels all are made to use with the metal axel. Not a huge deal as I will just drill out the wheels on my drill press. Just not sure why they would offer parts that won't work together. Anyway, car is painted and cleared, wheels and tires are together, interior is just about done. Engine has been started and I want to wire it but the way the pipes attach to the motor there isn't a lot of room to drill the plug holes. I may skip this. Here is a couple of progress photos.

opel2002_zps4995b395.jpg

opel2001_zps761da004.jpg

After looking at the photo's I think I could have picked a better color for the body. Not sure the color looks good with the color in the decals. My only defense to that would be that I am partially color blind and some colors do not look the same to me as they do to most people.

Ray, l am glad l found your WIP. l like the flamming orange with the decals. l think everything pictured looks great. Your doing a very good job but if you don't like it then do like me and build another one. l am thinking about buying this kit....

True, lol. A hint, next time you build one, cut the front pan from the chassis, glue onto body, sand smooth. The real car has nosema there.

Look forward to seeing this finished.