Model Cars Magazine Forum

This was a project I wanted to start a long time ago but 1:24 jet engine just don't exist If someone have an opinion or a solution about the project or if someone did it, let me know

283082_zps8782fa27.jpg

here the Pete

pa290082l_zpsdf335ec4.jpg

I dont know if 3 of these engine in 1:32 whill be big enough

CMK-5080-1-32-BMW-003E-German-Jet-Engine

Or that overkill F1 rocket engine in 1:36 scale (That engine is huge, the designer Seems to be willing to print it smaller) or take it in that scale and do a 1:16 truck http://www.shapeways.com/model/595980/f1-engine-1-36.html?li=productBox-search

674x501_595980_819772_1361048755_zpsa189

Edited by midengineaddict

there's a link to 1:32 AMT kit in another forum, the chassis looks good. the engines are not detailed, I think GE engines are all covered by fairings. Maybe it's possible to scratch build them....

http://forum.truckmodelworld.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4770

IMG_1413_zps9f6325ba.jpg

IMG_1414_zpsbf66af72.jpg

IMG_1415_zps3c1321a0.jpg

The truck you want to build uses 3 Westinghouse J34 jet engines, a late 1940s design. The dimensions for the engine are listed as being 112" long and 27" in diameter. In 1/24 scale that would be 4.7" long by 1.125" in diameter. Other than the control and fuel metering units and the starter, which don't show much on the truck, the rest of the engines would be a fairly easy scratchbuild, and a lot of photos of these old engines are available on the web. Exhaust is to the right.

engine3.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The truck you want to build uses 3 Westinghouse J34 jet engines, a late 1940s design. The dimensions for the engine are listed as being 112" long and 27" in diameter. In 1/24 scale that would be 4.7" long by 1.125" in diameter. Other than the control and fuel metering units and the starter, which don't show much on the truck, the rest of the engines would be a fairly easy scratchbuild, and a lot of photos of these old engines are available on the web. Exhaust is to the right.

engine3.jpg

Thanks... you just save me a lot of research on the net.... :)

engine3.jpg

I asked Jan Hajicek www.cmkkits.com the size of the BMW 003E and here the answer:

Diameter is 23 mm, length w/o front intake (different for each aircraft type) is 79 mm.

0,905'' 3,11''

the Diameter is pretty close to the 1.125'' you told me... 23mm compare to 28.5. So I think about buy 3 of them and scratch build a larger back section , an intake and a nozzle to make it longer

and install a lot of wires and pipes to make it bigger.

I will make the back section Like the 1:32 model, is larger in the rear.

I am going to enjoy this build, a while ago I scratch built a jet dragster. I back-halved a Garlits TF kit and scratch built the engine. I used many plastic plumbing fittings and markers for the exhaust and main body of the engine.

attachicon.gifJet Dragster (1).jpg

attachicon.gifJet Dragster (2).jpg

WOW your dragster look killer... if you finish it, let me know, I want to see that.

Your engine look very good...

I ordered that beast on ebay yesterday just for the engine,

f16-132_zps9a30b997.jpg

P10003831_zpsc47fe420.jpg

the engine look big enough to make a 1:16 truck

P1300001_zpsd65a06d5.jpg

I will slam the truck down like clavender17... http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70218

But with the kit fenders on the front and no fender in the rear...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the truck will be 1:16 scale, I have a picture of the aluminum wheels... from michael.cherry2@ntlworld.com

that guy is an artist, you got to pay but it's worth the money...

(just to show how those wheels are big, the front steer axle in the picture is 1:24 scale axle)

2013-05-06212547_zps98bffb17.jpg

• 8 months later...