Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Ford Coupe **Update 5/1/2013**

SnakeBite Models

Well seems like my model has no interest on here since no one has replied lol. Anyways Ive been busy with work since i started the thread. But since I was layed off yesterday i have more time to build. So i painted it today. Its a purple from WallyWorld.

001_zps2cf2016b.jpg

002_zps3de02c44.jpg

Painted both hoods cause IDK which one i want to use yet lol

003_zpsa0a801f3.jpg

Painted the Frame to match the body

004_zps5bfe2fe7.jpg

Maybe not many comments cause it was still early in the progress and there have been a few of these on the board lately? Who knows? Nice paint choice though. What are your plans for the build? What are those two large pieces under the hoods? Custom fender skirts? I've got to get me one of these kits someday.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

It's not unusual to not get many (or none) replies when it's in the mock up stage. We get lots of those. Show us some work, like you have, and you'll see more interest, like you did. :D

I'd also like to know where the paint came from and what form it's in. The paint looks real smooth, are you airbrushing? I'd also like to offer you some building suggestions if you are interested. I'll take it to PM if you want.

Maybe not many comments cause it was still early in the progress and there have been a few of these on the board lately? Who knows? Nice paint choice though. What are your plans for the build? What are those two large pieces under the hoods? Custom fender skirts? I've got to get me one of these kits someday.

Later-

Modlbldr yes your right they are the custom fadeaway fenders, But im not using them as it requires you to mold them into the body, and this is pretty much just a slumpbuster build. So i'm not going to dramatic with it

It's not unusual to not get many (or none) replies when it's in the mock up stage. We get lots of those. Show us some work, like you have, and you'll see more interest, like you did. :D

I'd also like to know where the paint came from and what form it's in. The paint looks real smooth, are you airbrushing? I'd also like to offer you some building suggestions if you are interested. I'll take it to PM if you want.

Jantrix, The paint it Rattle can from Walmart. Its the Purple in the Color Place line. I have never owned an airbrush in my life. So i just use rattlecans for now. lol

Guest G Holding

Modlbldr yes your right they are the custom fadeaway fenders, But im not using them as it requires you to mold them into the body, and this is pretty much just a slumpbuster build. So i'm not going to dramatic with it

Jantrix, The paint it Rattle can from Walmart. Its the Purple in the Color Place line. I have never owned an airbrush in my life. So i just use rattlecans for now. lol

You would be surprised at how well they fit ...I have done 3 now, and the fit of the kit, OOB is sweet!...The pontoons scared me, but when I did, they needed almost no filler...careful fitting!