32 ford pick up... with a twist!

11 posts in this topic

Posted

1932 ford pickup

body channeled

mid engine rear wheel drive... :o

independent suspension, all four wheels...

and lets make it interesting, how about the power plant being a.....

fuel injected, dohc converted, turbocharged I4...... :o:o:D with variable valve timing

will post pics asap.... just wanted to get everyones mind running! LOL :lol:

has this been done yet?

Posted

Coloring outside of the lines is GOOD ! Really looking forward to seeing this.

Posted (edited)

John, I feel pretty confident saying I don't think anyone has done this before, bring on the pics!

Edited by Custom Mike

Posted

I'm curious. 1932 Ford pick-up? Did this project start out as an AMT or Lindberg '34 pick-up? There's only a minor difference in the rear body moldings (at the beltline) between the two. A 1932 does not have the wide upper molding a '34 does. Your project sounds great. Really pushing the envelope. Good luck with it.

Posted

Coloring outside of the lines is GOOD ! Really looking forward to seeing this.

As much as my kindergarten teacher Mrs. Quinn would surely disagree, I'd have to say you're dead-on in this case. :D

Posted

As much as my kindergarten teacher Mrs. Quinn would surely disagree, I'd have to say you're dead-on in this case. :D

I should qualify my statement, Chuck. AFTER one has fully mastered coloring INSIDE the lines, than INTENTIONAL coloring outside the lines is good. Otherwise, it's just lazy. poor technique. :) :) :)

Posted

sound real interesting !!

Posted

I'm curious. 1932 Ford pick-up? Did this project start out as an AMT or Lindberg '34 pick-up? There's only a minor difference in the rear body moldings (at the beltline) between the two. A 1932 does not have the wide upper molding a '34 does. Your project sounds great. Really pushing the envelope. Good luck with it.

im pretty sure its a 32, its the rat trap pick em up 1/16 kit, might be a 34, ill check on that

im getting out the camera later, ill got a good mock up pic... :P

Posted

Picture018.jpg

kinda crappy picture.... but heres a mockup of the engine mounts (all scratch of course) and the beginning of the engine going in...

Posted

Either I can't count or you switched engines, as that has 6 holes showing. And here I thought you were doing the Volvo B234R/F head swap to the Ford 2.3L Turbo motor and using that.

Posted

originally it has six on one side 4 for exhaust and two for intake... and i had an idea for custom intake and exhaust... :o more pics soon