Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your US compact cars

Stuntman Mike

Hey there

I´m interested in seeing your builds of American compact cars. Most of them are ugly, but due to their small size they are highly interesting subjects to build.

Restoring an old Pinto gluebomb has made me curious about these little cars. I also have an old Chevette kit called "Bear Bait" from MPC which looks like it will be a blast to build. This definately has potential to become a new field of interest for me.

Here´s a preview of my rebuilt Pinto. More pics to come as soon as it is finished:

6230356666396431.jpg

6335303964333366.jpg

Ok, now it´s your turn to show some small sized car models. Pintos, Gremlins, Pacers, Vegas, Comets, Mavericks, Chevettes and stuff like that. Stock, modified, banger or beater, they are all welcome!!!

1962 Valiant. It's a replica of a Valiant I owned from 1994 to 1997. I found it a block from my house with just 5,500 miles on it. Yes, 5,500, not 55,000! It still sat on its original tires! It was literally a little old lady's car. I sold it when my sons needed college money. The model is a Revell 4 door sedan. It was an eBay built-up, unpainted. Here are pics of the real one in my driveway, and the model.

Sam

I have yet to build this. The body is nicely engraved but like all the Nostalgia Heroes range it has a far too shallow interior tub so as to fit on top of the batteries for the electric motor.

1975BuickSkyhawk.jpg

I plan to kitbash it with a a Firebird chassis & interior tub.

That little Pinto is cool Kevin! I have a '77 in the stash along with a few other compact kits and projects. This is my '77 Chevette project. It's a promo.

025-2.jpg

This is my resin bodied '61 Falcon with a Mustang chassis and drivetrain.

004-10.jpg

That little Pinto is cool Kevin! I have a '77 in the stash along with a few other compact kits and projects.

Thanks Roger

My Pinto is a ´77 aswell. As it was a messy glue bomb with broken and missing parts, I needed to do some work on the Pinto´s explosive rear end. Luckily I walked away alive with no injuries...the model didn´t explode...

I built the rear window and trim, the trunk lid, the backlights and the little spoiler from scratch. I never liked the runabout style rear window, so I´m just fine with that being done. I should have taken before-pictures, it looked terrible when I got it.

Edited by Stuntman Mike