Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need Help Finding A Fitting Display Case

Finished this beast up in January I want to take it to college with me in August but before that I need a display case that will fit it. It is about 14.5 inches long, about 3.5 - 4 inches wide and just under 6.5 inches tall the 1/18 scale cases i find fit everything but height and 1/24 is a little small even though its a 1/25 truck. So anyone know where i can get a case to fit this 1/25 scale monster?P1120074_zps4d7cc06d.jpgMore Images here if your curious as to the rest of the trucks looks.http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69236&hl=

Hey Jake,I use for my "Big Rigs" is a display case from Hobby Lobby for footballs/1/18,they fit just fine.....BTW,nice lookin' LoneStar!!

That's what I suggest too. Custom-made display cases can be pricey, these football cases are perfect. They're $20 and you can use the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon to get one even cheaper. I displayed a 1/12 Corvette in one once so it'll fit a normal big rig.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/crystal-clear-display-case-252544/

Edited by Mike77

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased on of these cases for my LoneStar, and it is about 1/4" too short inside. The stacks hit the inside of the case. These cases should be ok for my other trucks, though. My LoneStar is just a little too tall.

i make them myself, it's not that difficult.

i buy ready cut glass in the exact measurement and gleu it with clear silicone kit. Like an aquarium but then upside down.

The bottom is about 2cm thick wood plank that fit inside the glass.

Around the wood an wooden profile they use for making furniture or plints in the house. So the glass rests on that profile.

I hope you understand. I can make pics maybe later.

gr chris

post-8937-0-18597500-1368217166_thumb.jp

Here you can see the profile what i mean.

Edited by griffin

If you wanted to do it yourself, you could try some LEXAN. It cuts pretty good with a SHARP saw blade. The silicone should hold it together. I've made a few small ones in the past out of plexi, not show quality, but it worked. PS, Awsome looking truck.

They interior domensions of the case are 15-1/2" long x 7" wide x 6" tall. Hobby Lobby has them for $19.99. The one I used was the one for the 1/18 scale cars, same interior dimensions but $14.99 and it doesn't have a "fancy" wood base.

They interior domensions of the case are 15-1/2" long x 7" wide x 6" tall. Hobby Lobby has them for $19.99. The one I used was the one for the 1/18 scale cars, same interior dimensions but $14.99 and it doesn't have a "fancy" wood base.

Sorry but i dont have a ruler or anything to measure mine right now...lol