67 T Bird 4 door

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well, NNL East was good to me, but not in the wallet though. This one is done by The Modelhaus. Painted in Dupli-Color Candy Apple Red with black top and interior, factory colors for that year. This one of my all time favorite 4 doors.

Hope you like it.

Al

Posted · Report post

Great work on the model. I was never a fan of any four door Thunderbird , nor was I really enamored by any Thunderbird after 1957. I maintain a somewhat current 2000 Thunderbird for a customer . kinda hard to get in and out of though for me ................

Posted · Report post

I'm with Ed, stylewise those 'birds weren't the best. As if any T'bird should have 4 doors! However, your model looks great. There were a lot of these cruising the roads back in the day and you nailed it. Nice job.

Posted · Report post

I am going to be the voice of dissent. I have always liked the 4 door T-birds and would love to own this model myself. Beautiful job on this one!

Eric

Posted · Report post

The pretty girl that lived 3 doors down from me when I was growing up, (I was 14 at the time; she was 13...)... anyway, her mother owned a '67 T-Bird just like this one, but in a Pale Green paint color with a Dark Green interior. I rode to school in it a couple of times. If I recall correctly, the interior on this T-Birds was really well done, with high-quality materials and a beautiful look and feel.

And these cars just "floated" down the road with an excellent ride-quality... I always thought the looks of these 4-door Birds was "okay for a 4-door...", but the quality of these Birds is what has always stood-out in my mind!

Posted · Report post

Al, is that something you just picked up at NNL East? If it is-good grief you work FAST! And it looks GOOD! The vinyl top looks right at home on the four-door.

Posted · Report post

Sharp build..that kit is on my to-buy list, will look nice w/ my AMT '67-71 T-bird annuals.

Posted · Report post

Nice work Al. I like those old 'birds, especially the suicide rear doors!

Posted · Report post

Another nice job, Al.

Charlie Larkin

Posted · Report post

Had an older sister who's boyfreind owned one of these. CLASSY ride ia all i can say! buckets up front and that wrap around rear seat, AND those BAD lookin rear suicide doors!!! MAN was that a NICE car! You did yours right!

Posted · Report post

That looks really nice!

Posted · Report post

Very nice. I don't believe I ever saw one before in scale.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Al, is that something you just picked up at NNL East? If it is-good grief you work FAST! And it looks GOOD! The vinyl top looks right at home on the four-door.

Craig I did get this a NNL East on Saturday, but I didn't start it until Tuesday. I'm newly retired. Thank you everyone for the nice compliments even if you don't like 4 door TBirds. Remember back in the 60's, 4 doors weren't cool and Tbirds were.

Al

Edited by Porscheman

Posted · Report post

Looks great! I was planning to convert a 2 door kit until Modelhaus did this one. Now I just need to save the dough up to get one!

Posted · Report post

Never even knew these came with 4 doors, very nice.

Posted · Report post

Very nice work.

Posted · Report post

Craig I did get this a NNL East on Saturday, but I didn't start it until Tuesday.

I think I just outsourced my model building :)

Posted · Report post

Beautiful model Al, when l was 13 a guy down the street had one in dark green matalic. l always loved the 66 and 67. Very nice work..

Posted · Report post

I remember being in the back seat of one of those. It was like being in an old curved love seat!! What a boat. I really liked the looks though.

joe.