Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking at other forums makes me wonder, what other hobbies do you have?

DrKerry

I'm into other hobbies and seeing a post on another forum got me wondering what are all the model car folks into besides plastic?

Me, I'm into

Real Cars

Music

Indian Artifacts

Photography

Beaded Jewelry

Tractor collecting (1/64th scale to 1/16th scale)

Edited by DrKerry

I'm quite the dust collector...

Come to think of it, I really don't have a real hobby anymore, since I work in the hobby and do it in my free time. I was the same way with golf, I worked in it and eat, slept, and breathed it 24/7/365. Guess that's just the way I am, whatever I do, I do 100%. My dad was that way and so is my brother. We do something all the way or not at all.

Edited by Brett Barrow

I collect Pontiac items (hood ornamants, scripts, signs, literature, pictures, pins....), 1/64th die-cast(Johnny Lightning, Hot Wheels...) Pontiac's or whatever is interesting, Coca-Cola stuff, buy/watch movies, going to car shows, & firearms/shooting. I also hunt (whitetail deer) and fish for fun...catch and release.

Antiques ( a lot of the furniture in my house is family heirloom or purchased antiques)

IMG_1401-vi.jpg

My grandmother's 1930 Hope Chest sits at the foot of our bed.

IMG_1673-vi.jpg

My great grandmother's dresser. There is now a period wood framed mirror over it now.

MVC007F-vi.jpg

My antique rocking horse with real fur.

Stamps (specifically early 20th century stamps, postmarked envelopes and old postcards)

leapyearcover-vi.jpg

I like to find neat one of a kind things like this Leap Year Cover. Mailed Feb 28th, received Feb 29th 1908.

schultz-vi.jpg

Charles M. Schultz actually signed this one for me.

Collecting diecast, promo models, watching a lot of motorsport (F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, DTM, etc), movies, going to races (IndyCar, NASCAR, ALMS), travel, listening to music, going to concerts, dining out (consider myself a foodie--love good food, good wine, good beer), enjoying time w/ my dogs.

My life revolves around my work, and I guess I could consider it a hobby, since I'm always looking at new equipment and spend most of my off time doing something work related. I refinish natural stone. Marble floors, marble counters, granite counters, terrazzo, concrete etc. Just got a new machine today, I haven't been this excited since I bought my new truck 7 years ago.

My main hobby is woodworking, then fishing, followed by listening to good rock and roll. Unfortunately I am finding I can't do the first two too much anymore, thus my re-emergence into modeling. Yrs of beating the hell out of my lungs is taking its' toll. Can't do the things I loved doing.

advice to others: if you don't smoke, don't ever start. If you do smoke, quit now! Don't wait til you can't breathe anymore.

John