Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Ole Borax" A Death Valley Camp Mule 57 Ford

Don't ask me why that name. I am thinking desert rust and good names for Franken-sh-shteined camp mules.

So here we go.

Kit = Revell's 57 Ford. Body sawed just behind the front door jamb.

IMG_0166-vi.jpg

IMG_0168-vi.jpg

Jeep wheels in te back (for the right amount of traction) and regular wheels up front.

The frame has been modified and the stake bed is completely scratch-built to give this one just the right level of attitude.

IMG_0169-vi.jpg

Great imagination Doc! I like it and thanks for the shot from behind so we can see how you closed in the cab. Those (cap) fenders look good also.

Are ya gonna add a big old brush bar up front?

Edited by James2

this would fit in with your doodle bug etc. thread..

Yes, definitely, I've been thinking about my contribution to that thread. This build could easily be it.

Thanks for the support, everyone. I should have most of these components in primer tomorrow.

Woah, I though the thread had disappeared, but happy to find again. Thanks for the kind words everyone. Today, I am adding final details and then we are painting primer on everything. This weekend should begin the painting fun. Stay tuned in, my friends.