Model Cars Magazine Forum

I was going to build this one like the box art and just polish the body and leave it unpainted.

But then I thought it would look better if I did and two or three tone paint job on it, I was having some trouble trying to come up with what colors to use.

So I went to a hobby shop and started looking at the paints hopping to find something that stood out.

When I saw that Alclad had some Candy colors and so this is what I came up with.
d138e3fd-8fc7-4994-bf48-a3d259630367_zps

I have the body almost ready to start painting and stripped the chrome from some parts that I will be using alclad on and my plan for the wheels is to do the outer wheel in chrome and the center of the wheel in the Candy Electric Blue, that is if I can come up with a way of masking them off?

100_5755_zps0866a446.jpg

So what do you all think?

Looks good. Will you post the results of working with that Alclad candy, please?

I will do that. I did some test painting with it and had a run in the blue, but that was more of me being in a hurry to see what it looked like then the Alclad it's self.

I think I have come up with a way to paint the wheels? I had hoped to give it a try tonight but didn't have time because my dumb sister-law broke down again!!! (that is one person that shouldn't own a car)

Anyways this is what i made and have to make three more of them.

100_5757_zps92e89be7.jpg

100_5758_zps950c081e.jpg

If it works it should look pretty nice and it will have a chrome center cap..

I haven't really gotten a lot done on this one yet. I didn't like the look of some of the chrome parts that came in the kit, so I stripped the chrome painted and them gloss black and then sprayed them with Alclad II Chrome and I think they look way better!!

100_5775_zpsb745e530.jpg

100_5780_zps77f900ba.jpg

100_5782_zpse29f07bf.jpg

100_5788_zpsb60edf89.jpg