Model Cars Magazine Forum

Missing Link Resin Maverick

Guys if you haven't seen this Resin Maverick then you are missing the boat... I just received mine From them and it is flat AWESOME!!!!... While this is obviously based off of the Johan Maverick it has been highly modified to be alot more detailed and to be built stock... If I have one complaint with it is it really needs to have Bucket seats as well as the Bench seat that is supplied but that is just a personal perference and does not in anyway take away from the amazing casting of this model... This model is well worth the price paid... Better jump on board with it or you are going to miss out on a great model...

post-648-0-38025000-1367156327_thumb.jpg

I have this Maverick Grabber kit and I echo the same praise. I especially like the little duck tail spoiler at the rear edge of the trunk lid. From eBay I picked a front under the bumper spoiler that I'll be using. A representative 302 can be found in the AMT/Ertl '67 Mustang GT kit. A correct 302 chrome air cleaner is in the AMT/Ertl '69 Cougar Eliminator kit. A bare resin air cleaner can be found on eBay by B-N-L resin.

John

Edited by john sharisky

I don't have this kit, but I was fortunate enough to see it's development and the final product. It uses some suspension components from the AMT 67 Mustang fastback (front rear suspensions/wheels,etc.)but other than that the donor kit COULD provide engine parts (if you wanted to do a V-8 GT version).

It IS a VERY nice kit, well up to the standards set by all his other products. Plus, WHERE ya gonna find a kit as nice as this? You sure aren't gonna find a complete unbuilt kit anywhere NEAR what this kit'll run you. IF you get it, you WON'T be sorry. honest.

Dan, that is a very nice piece. Everything from Missing Link is top notch! As far as bucket seats, a quick look on the Internet shows them as an option to allow for the floor shifters.

1971grabber302ylw49.jpg

A quick look on the Internet shows that the bench seat is pretty common in the Grabber. And it probably was in the kit they copied.

71cometbuckets.jpg

Here's what the Grabber buckets look like. I didn't think they'd recreate the wheel, so I took a look at the same year Mustang....

71mach1red031_zpsb197db0e.jpg

Bingo! Same seat, just a different upholstery pattern in the center.

I owned a 1:1 71 Grabber in Grabber Blue with white strpes and Black bucket seat interior... it was a 302 with a 4 speed... loved the car right up to the point a guy rearended it and totally destroyed it... He hit it so hard it broke the tailshaft on the tranny...

I remember when the Maverick first came out with the big ads for $1995. I was 11 and very into cars, and new car unveilings. So I knew all about it. My great aunt got a red one and when we went to visit her, I told her all about it. She gave me a promo that the dealer gave her with the car. I was stoked! Funny thing, I remember getting it but I don't remember what I did with it (you don't think I left it stock do ya?) nor it's final disposition.

some thing here my 1st car was a brand new 70 Grabber Green Maverick. Boy was it a nice car .I passed on a 70 Mustang with a big block and 4 speed. I didn't know how to drive a manual trans at that time I was 18 at the time and in High School dating my wife . Looks like I'm going to grab one of them kits ......

Edited by GMCMAN52