Model Cars Magazine Forum

Third Completion of 2013 - 1968 Chevy Caprice

Steve_L

These are pictures of my curbside 1968 Chevy Caprice. It is number twelve in a series of models I have built of 1:1 cars I have owned/driven.

In 1986, I sold an uncompleted 1:1 1923 Ford T-Bucket. It wasn't long until I needed another hobby car, so I picked up a nice 1968 Chevy Caprice through the local Auto Trader. I de-chromed the side trim, patched a few dings, installed a dual exhaust system, added Monte Carlo Rally Wheels and tires and had it repainted. It was a nice running cruiser. Both of my daughters drove it during high school.

The project to build a model of it was stalled for so long I forgot where I got the resin 1968 Caprice Body kit. I used an AMT 1967 Chevy Impala plastic kit as the donor. I used a rear seat from a second 1967 Chevy Impala plastic kit to build the bench front seat for this model. I painted it with Duplicolor Santa Fe Tan and used an enamel clear coat. It was a fun build and one of seven stalled projects I plan to complete during 2013.

Enjoy!

IMG_3191-vi.jpg

IMG_3192-vi.jpg

IMG_3195-vi.jpg

IMG_3196-vi.jpg

Thank Y'all for your positive comments. TooOld, you can get both the front and rear 1968 Chevy bumpers from ModelHaus Resin. Plowboy, you may be able to get a 1966 Caprice resin kit from Star Models (Resin Realm). Steve says to call him about availability before ordering. Good luck and good building!