Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 Grumpy Jenkins' 66 Nova

AMT772Jenkins1966NovaBo-vi.jpg

It's supposed to have a newly-tooled bench seat, along with a few other goodies. Not sure if it'll have decals for both of Grump's 66 Novas, the red and white one shown (destroyed in a towing accident) or the white one that replaced it. I'll add more info as I find out more. *edit* it will have both.

It was also most appropriate that I got my copy of Grumpy's Toys in the mail today...

514y4rxQiEL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Edited by Brett Barrow

Will this have the Stock parts??

If so, I might want one.

(Though I still have not finished the original issue stock of this kit!!)

Looks like the end panel of the box says "Stock, Custom or Drag", Looks Promising!

I'd guess that it will at least restore the kit back to it's original 2 n' 1 version - and probably get rid of some of the Pro Street parts in the current issue. Round 2 has only done the Pro Street version since they took over.

To be accurate it'll need a little "de-SSing", mainly getting rid of the SS badge in the grille, but I'll live if they don't. It'd be cool if they did, though.

$T2eC16JHJGMFFpmL6eKiBRfW9-cn6w~~60_3.JP

Edited by Brett Barrow

SSDI in the October 1966 issue - has an article with lots of details on this car .

I can post it if wanted or allowed.

ps, can one just take the back seat and add a back side filler to make a bench seat?

I have a few of the pro street versions I can rob the back seat out of to do so,,,, but the seat bun part looks kind of short to me .

Edited by gtx6970

One of my favorite kits of all time. I am sort of under the assumption that the P/S 66 Nova and the Stock SS are different tools. I have built both and I know that MCG has a really nice photo etch fret for this kit as well. I might have to pick this up.

Has Round2 fixed the body? I have several originals that are awesome. I picked up one of the last releases before Round2 took over and it was garbage. The body was misaligned in many places, the worse was the front fender sides were recessed 1/16" at the mold line and severely warped.

Interesting that the box doesn't call it an SS.

I'm hoping it's not. Real car wasn't.

Pro Street kit is quite a bit different, but I think there are some shared parts. Both had the display SBC, right? Been a long time since I saw one of the originals.

I hope Pro Stocks, Super Stocks, and Junior Stocks are going to be hot subjects for a while...