Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Marmon

I just picked up the Revell Marmon kit and started looking up pictures on the Internet and have not been able to find any Marmon's that have the same head lights that Revell has. Did Revell miss this on the kit?any help is appreciated as I try to build my trucks like the real ones. Thanks

Bad news... that isn't a Marmon. It's a Pete 359 with a goofy grille. So there's actually quite a bit they 'missed' on that one. That's all they did- they basically tooled up a different grille and a set of Marmon decals for a Pete kit and called it a day. And you thought the '70 AAR 'Cuda was bad...

Chuck the kit comes with all the Peterbilt parts and a Marmon hood and grill. I'm going to check to see if I can get the GMC General fenders will work with the quad rectangle head lights or I may and go with the older model that looks like a Kenworth.

Chuck the kit comes with all the Peterbilt parts and a Marmon hood and grill.

Forgot that. I wonder if they left those in there just so the buyer wouldn't feel (as) cheated. :lol: I do agree with Jim on the AITM transkit- if you ask me the truck modeling segment would be better if more guys out there were building Marmons!

You can add me to the list that are going to build a Marmon just not sure what model it will end up being but it will be coming soon.

Good. You know I'll be watching. And not in a creepy kind of way or anything!

And what I said about Marmons applies to Big Horns as well. B)

You can add me to the list that are going to build a Marmon just not sure what model it will end up being but it will be coming soon..need to finish up the Big Horn that's on my bench.

You have a Big Horn? Where did you get the Big Horn? RMR?

Edited by Jim B

years ago i have built the marmon of revell

and yes its more a peterbilt , exept for the hood and gril

i have seen now on ebay and other saleside,s that he is hard to find , wel i think its only to reased up the prices

i have from aimt the marmon p57 and 110 double bunk coe

started whit the coe and for donorchassis a kenworth [ have a long chassis ]

and its look more as the marmon shut be

when the other almost finishd a put some pictures on the workbench

so much different models [ hayes clipper ,brockway , peterbilt 362 double bunk , kenworth needlenose , kw bullnose ,mack g 73/75 ]

and al waiting

but i want have the marmon in my line up on truckstopgadering

keep on modeling

jacobus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The worst thing was that RoG had in their catalog back then (as a preview) a great picture of a REAL Marmon Conventional - that was such a teaser - we couldn't hardly await the arrival of the kit.

BAD surprise: the final release showed a built-up model on the cover - a "Marmobilt " (Pete 359 with Marmon grill and logos).

As I had no internet back in 1986 - I ordered the kit UNSEEN from a dealer in Germany to find out on opening the parcel that it was not at all the nice Marmon from the catalog - so I had one Pet 359 more in my stash.

The only Marmon lookalike at that time came from Frank Gortsema (I think it is now available through AITM)

This is what the Revell "Marmobilt" looked like:

114990-10592.jpg?nr=7457&company=revell&

• 1 year later...

This kit does not realy bother me as I have a different perspective on it. Growing up on ranches and being a Class 8 roadside service mechanic leaves nothing to the imagination. I have seen Peterbilts rebuilt with KW fenders that will make you do a double take , and cabovers with some really unique grills !

I drove a Fuel truck years ago that started life as a Mack, I left the company for a year or so and went back to work for them again. My old Mack had went off a moutainside and was rebuilt with a KW cab and hood during my absense !

I am happy just to see another truck kit that has great potential for a custom build. I have seen a few Marmons built really nicely using this hood and a IH cab. If the price is right I will buy several .

Frankenstein trucks. The company i drive for bought a Western Star glider and put KW running gear and emission controls on it. It has 3000 miles on it and theyve had it "road ready" for 2 years. They cant get it to run right, its constantly, literally, regenerating the DPF. In the 6 months or so ive been there its been drive 3 times, once by me. They think its ready now, now theyve dumped about 10 grand more into it.

Ill definitely pick up a couple of these just to stash and build 1, just to have it on the shelf. I guess i should do that with all the truck kits.

There is a small Lumber Co. here where I live, That has a Marmon they did up for logging. Its a pretty cool looking truck. I had a hand in fabricating a lot of parts for this truck at a welding and fab shop I use to work at. I for one would buy this kit and do a replica of their logger. Just another project added to my "to build" list! B)

One can wonder why RoG decided to do that one when they have lots of other better more correct trucks in their lineup such as the different versions of the KW K100's, T 600 and the Pete 359...I think I'll pass on this one.

Edited by Force