Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell is reissuing the 'Can-Do' (Steeps) tow truck...

Looks like this kit is available now:

$T2eC16V,!zcFIeFmDr9fBSc97e8pF!~~60_57.J

I just happened to notice the bug shield on the box art, a little of Stepp's lives on. I'm almost certain that Stepp's also operated a wrecker maybe a little smaller than "Can Do" that was named "Will Do"!

• 2 weeks later...

maybe, saw this weeks hobby lobby add, 25% off all model kits, maybe they are getting ready for a 'new' batch of plastic inventory.

They typically will put all kits on sale at some point before Christmas. I know the coupon is a better deal but that is for one kit while the sale applies to multiple purchases.

I would like to see the Wrecker kit there, although I doubt they will considering the last wrecker kit they had was the Italeri LA County kit that they had to mark down to get rid of. I had hoped they were going to have the recent reissued 77 GMC Wrecker kit but did not.

What About Michael's??

I think they had the 77 Tow Truck snap kit.

I will try to watch there too.

Wish H-L had opened in my area back when they had the LA County Fire Department Wrecker.

I would have bought a few!

But, It Was Higher Priced than this is suppose to be too.

That did not help sales!!!!

Hello Everyone,

This is my first posting, been checking out the site for awhile. Anyway, I picked up one of these wreckers and been wanting to do one since I first saw the kit in the early 2000's but couldn't afford it at the time.

I was wondering if anyone would happen to have the Stepp's towing decals they didn't use for theirs? I would like to purchase them as I see this truck all the time on the road and would like to do it up in the same livery.

• 1 month later...

I just bought one of these from my LHS and got it home opened it up to find one of the chrome trees damaged 1 of the inner rear wheels is smashed flat!! Anyone know what I can do about this? My LHS said they cant fix it... I'm very bummed

I just bought one of these from my LHS and got it home opened it up to find one of the chrome trees damaged 1 of the inner rear wheels is smashed flat!! Anyone know what I can do about this? My LHS said they cant fix it... I'm very bummed

Your best bet is to contact Revell and tell them the situation. They should be able to send you the new parts

Thanks Casey I sent the request now to wait for a reply I guess. Do they send just that part? Or the whole tree?

It would just be the damaged part, perhaps the set of inner wheels (as when my Magnum kit was missing a headlight bezel, they sent both of them), but not the entire chrome runner.

About how long do they take to process ur request? I have not heard anything back from revell. The website said 2-3 weeks is this what you had to wait

I think it was about a week and a half, maybe two weeks. At the time I was gone for work 5 days a week, so the amount of time it actually took is hard to calculate. One day I was home and it was in the mailbox ^_^

Being a Revell AG kit you might be pushing the outside of that 3 weeks if they have to get the parts sent over from Germany. Depends if they had any spares on hand in Illinois or not.

it may take close to two months to get your part but be patient. i bought the pete 353"western life" kit from my lhs and it was missing

the entire clear parts tree, i put in a request at revell and it took almost two months to get it and i never recieved any emails regarding

my request. kudos to revell for fulfilling my request even tho it took awhile.

• 5 years later...
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2013 at 4:02 PM, Kostas Parchas said:

All I can say is that I am sad/mad at the same time.

I'm unemployed almost a year and a half and there are so many reissues and new kits on the market at the same period that I can't affort it.

This one is a hit between my legs.

BS EU financial crisis.

Kostas.

Heck, I'm employed and I still can't afford the hobby.. .Keep your chin up Kostas, there has to be better roads ahead for us!!!