Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any casters on here looking for new stuff?

This is just a thought and I have no idea when it would happen if it does.

I got my hands on some extra parts from the Tony Foti Camaro and some other very similar kits. I have 3 perfectly good engine assemblies and transmissions, and one engine with the tranny cut off. 2 of the assemblies have Lenco trannies, and the 3rd has another automatic looking one, not sure which kit it is from.

Since the one engine already has most of the tranny cut off, that will be my "engine". I will sacrifice one of the engines from the Lenco setups to separate the tranny. I then plan on shaving off all molded in bolt detail and replacing with real hardware from Scale Hardware.

so when I am done, I will have one original assembly, one detailed engine by itself and two detailed transmissions by themselves. One Lenco and one of the others.

I figured if I went through all this trouble and it turned out decent, they should be casted and offered to other builders. I have no interest in making money off this, that will be up to the caster. I would just want my original back.

thoughts?

Do what you mentioned, and when you're finished with the masters, post pics of them and see if anyone is interested in casting them. You might want to contact Competition Resins, as that sounds like something which would fit into their lineup. Not sure if they are still located in Upland, CA or not.