Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro pro mod

Some of you may have seen this floating around some of the other forums, but I thought I may as well post it here as well.

I know like I need another project, :)

Flashpoint resins body brass chassis/cage and tin work about 4 days work in it so far

DSCF8652_zps0200ca97.jpg

make sure you're using flux not glue doh

DSCF8661_zpsf9dd5136.jpg

DSCF8663_zpse6d469f3.jpg

DSCF8665_zps007ac54a.jpg

DSCF8668_zps0d792d16.jpg

Thanks guys, Carl its really not that hard, its just a learning curve.

Made up the fire bottle, air bottle for the shifters , parachute levers and brackets and fitted sleeve for steering column. Also added the last couple bars at the back and the driveshaft tunnel although it'll cover more gearbox than the driveshaft as it'll be pretty short.. Finished bottles are 7 pieces each plus the lines.
DSCF8720_zpsd21fedd7.jpg
DSCF8722_zps1a55123b.jpg
DSCF8723_zps4914b7b7.jpg
bit blurrier than I thought sorry
DSCF8718_zpsa39b84a5.jpg
DSCF8724_zps48ab8585.jpg
DSCF8725_zps6d671e6c.jpg

thanks guys much appreciated.

Micheal, base color will be black, thats all you'll know till its done :D

Ted, wow thats a compliment and a half to me, thanks. The headers are solder.

Heres the bits used to make the lower a arms and front struts
DSCF8737_zps5fd647d5.jpg assembled and in place
DSCF8733_zps8c64e71c.jpg
DSCF8735_zps596c7cce.jpg
you might also have noticed the bars that will hold the front clip in place should I be brave enough to cut it off
DSCF8736_zps6e7ea417.jpg

Pretty much all I do is scratch built, I'd love to support some of our aftermarket guys, but at the moment I just cant afford to. :( The little rings you see in the strut and a arm pics are crimp beads, that just happen to fit (when pressed ) into the tube I have they also fit nicely on the rod I'm using for pins and the strut its self. Really lucked out there.

Brett.... this is such a killer project and it is looking great . Your brass work is looking good. I have to give tou credit doing the frame in brass. I am loving the progress you are making and the chassis looks great with paint. Looking fotward to more.

Edited by Mooneyzs

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, been suffering in more ways than one lately, a dose of the cant be bothereds and I cut up some firewood and took my right arm out of action for the last four days ( just chronic pain in shoulder and arm due to inflammation etc). Anyways a little progress four link arms (still to be trimmed to length), with the same hiem joint type setup the front struts have and the wheelie bars
DSCF8767_zps15843fdd.jpg
DSCF8768_zps2d29b301.jpg
DSCF8769_zps7187552f.jpg
DSCF8770_zps3ed40ecf.jpg