Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro pro mod

Thanks guys :). I have to make up the rear coil overs next as they will determine where the diff sits so I can trim the four link bars to length. Might be a funny way of doing it, but that way I can make sure the wheels will sit evenly in the wells and set the height . What I think I may have mucked up on, is to me the diff head looks to be sitting to high in the brackets. Easy enough to make some more though, though I'll be making an order to Scott (futurattraction) and dirtmodeller soon for lots of bits and pieces.

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of a building hiatus till about when the forum bit the dust but in that time amassed a few more kits, decals and some beautiful photo etch form Scott aka Futurattraction. Great service from him as well.. Anyhows back to the subject at hand, got side tracked a bit when I re commenced building as I needed to build a trailer for our club theme night so I decided to build a support entourage for the camaro. Ram is a snap-tite that I got with no wheels or tires, tool box is Fugimi garage. Trailer is scratch built and there are a few things I will change when I make another, got some in scale floor covering organized so ignore that if you would please :).

Also started the paint/ decal work on the car as I need the car to look finished to finish the sides of the trailer.

DSCF9091_zps3db763f4.jpg

DSCF9092_zps19a16d12.jpg

S1110005_zps0647a366.jpg

S1110007_zps243fac5d.jpg

S1110008_zps678b6c64.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very beautiful work. If anyone here is ready to try to build something so out of the ordinary as to border on impossible, check this out:

Follow this link to the AEM tuning software website, watch the S2000 go 7.99 in the quarter and when the vid is through, you'll get a montage similar to what youtube does. Look for the red '69 Camaro and click on the thumbnail. I have never seen such questionable use of money to achieve an end result with no dyno results, no 1/4 mile numbers, etc. Anyone here want a building challenge???

http://www.aemelectronics.com/motorsports/?p=1237/?utm_source=digitalthrottle&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=s2000

Very beautiful work. If anyone here is ready to try to build something so out of the ordinary as to border on impossible, check this out:

Follow this link to the AEM tuning software website, watch the S2000 go 7.99 in the quarter and when the vid is through, you'll get a montage similar to what youtube does. Look for the red '69 Camaro and click on the thumbnail. I have never seen such questionable use of money to achieve an end result with no dyno results, no 1/4 mile numbers, etc. Anyone here want a building challenge???

http://www.aemelectronics.com/motorsports/?p=1237/?utm_source=digitalthrottle&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=s2000

That is just plain crazy to do all that and not be curious enough to take it down the quarter mile. It reminds me of the cars Rick Dobbertin built.

• 1 month later...

Wow, that name Dobbertin rings a bell. I agree; unless he's afraid of tuning issues anyone capable building AND obtaining help on creating such a Frankenstein should have enough faith to open it up or at least make some easy passes with it.

I know economics can make you give up something you love and put a lot of time into; I've had to dump a Les Paul guitar, a Kiss/Epiphone replica, tons of effects pedals, at least 3 amps, a 370/370 tq/hp (at the wheels) STI and more stuff than I can recall when I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. As a family we learned real quick mac & cheese and shake & bake was pretty darn good foor a meal with a salad. And in a way it was healthier than that: no more Mickey D's or Burger King where all the controvery is now happening.

I hope they get the ride back together and can hit some of the NHRA/IHRA events for show & go's. Everything nowadays is 10K hp wedges trying to get into the 3's. I prefer pro mod and nostalgia now.

Thanks James, the plan is to finish the car( have the resin just need the motorvation to mix and pour the parts I need ), then take a photo of it completed, do a bit of photo shopping and print that out as the trailer decals. In theory not too hard but gotta get a into g to do any of it.

• 3 weeks later...

got the name on, hope to get some casting done this week (lenco is the most important bit at the moment) means quite a few interior bits can be finished and it will help locate the rear end in the guards.(with driveshaft of course)
DSCF0200_zps5af6d305.jpg
DSCF0203_zps8d538651.jpg