Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Classic metal works

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm looking to buy a 1966 Chevelle diecast. Ertl's seem to be a quality, but pricey one. I don't know anything about Classic metal works other than they look good in pictures & they're not as expensive. Are they as high grade as Ertl or Danbury mint or a cheapy like Maisto?

Posted · Report post

Some kits and diecasts are better than Maisto. I have built and detailed a few. I think the Chevelle is an CMW original. Several are unbuilt Welly diecasts.

Good luck.

Posted · Report post

Mike , seriously, Classic metal works is never going to be one of the "Mints " . However , with that said , they actually manufacture a decent product and they're a GREAT value for the dollar . I have several of the Classic metal Works cars as some subjects , ie 1941 Chevrolet Convertible is well done and looks nice built from a kit .

Posted · Report post

I'm looking to buy a 1966 Chevelle diecast.

Matchbox makes a nice one in 1/43 scale diecast. It is heavy and well detailed (even the undercarraige). It is your interested let me know. I think I have a double for sale.

1/43-1966 Chevelle SS made by Mattel for Matchbox (Musclecar series 2)

post-12601-0-64212800-1381749304_thumb.jpost-12601-0-38097600-1381749308_thumb.j

Posted · Report post

Mike, I have that kit in Marina Blue. It's a nice kit, it has dogleg door hinges, and the engine is a top only type of one peice engine cover, but for what I paid for it, I think it came out pretty nice. It IS a nice lookin model when finished.

Posted · Report post

Mike I recently built their '55 Olds kit which turned out pretty nice. The engine area is a little lacking in detail but overall it builds up to a nice looking car. The scale on mine is 1/26 but the size difference is not great from 1/25.