Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL 2013

Hey guys !!

I'm on the hotel lobby computer at GSL. The judges are locked in the model display room. The Museum auction just finished.

Some great models on display. I think ................ will win best of show.

Edited by Hollywood Jim

At GSL

I have been to visit the museum; they did a great job of fitting most everything into the smaller space.

I enjoyed some great seminars.

I met some of my friends.

I met some new friends.

The awards breakfast is tomorrow morning at 9am

The batteries on my diorama have kept the lights running for three days now.

I'm sure someone will post the results tomorrow. I can't because I need to leave immediately after the awards breakfast to get back to Phoenix. (12 hour drive)

I'm traveling with Bernie, Mike and Dan. Some of my friends from the Moonlight Modelers Club.

Tom G. we miss you !!!!!!!

Tom G. we miss you !!!!!!!

Jim that brings a tear to my eye! I really wanted to be there. In fact last week I even checked for air fare prices and had my daughter (who works for Marriott) see if she could get me a free room at a nearby hotel. Still, it wasn't happening this year. Hope to see you in two!

I am so glad I got to see Jim's "Making Memories" diorama in person. You've heard the description of really good models that look better in person. If I've ever seen a museum worthy model, this is it. All the gray scale details are crystal clear and the miniature lighting adds a touch that you just don't see on the internet. The story jumps right out at you!

Art Laski has a drop dead georgeous black Corvette, and John Teresi looks to have half the categories covered with several more examples of awesomeness.

I've been busy visiting family, so I haven't run into Bill Davis yet, but his work speaks for itself.

Way too many jewels to describe them all. Say a prayer for the judges :)

Good luck to you all.

Hi Tom Yes I remember that breakfast. It would sure be nice to be at the awards brunch this Sunday morning in Salt Lake City. Looking forward to the results and photos of all the models. 2015 seems a long way off and by then most attendees will qualify for senior discounts.

I'm sitting here in the SLC airport waiting for the flight home. I've got a couple of hundred photos to edit and upload, so it will be a day or so, but I'll post a link as soon as that's done.

Another fantastic GSL - the quality of the work just gets better & better every time. It's great to see the familiar faces, as well as meeting new folk.

All I'll say for now is that John Teresi and Greg Nichols were among the big winners.

Edited by RancheroSteve

Just got back from my first GSL, WOW what an experience! every one has to put this on their bucket list!!! I got to meet all of my heroes and visit with them as well as see their creations up close and personal! Made a lot of new friends as well.

Even though it was my first GSL every one made us feel very welcomed, I had no idea Salt Lake City was so beautiful! Having a mountain top view from the motel was just icing on the cake!

Congrats to all who received awards, I feel it is an honor just to place at this event, top honors went to Greg Nicols with his 1/25 scale all brass and aluminum roadster called Backdraft, all most 10 years in the making I understand, wait till you see this!!

thanks to all who made us feel so welcome and Mr. Gustavson for the invite.

NO GSL pics as of yet and when the NNL East was over there were TONS of photos. While I've never been to s GSL Meet, it's not on my bucket list as I was in Salt Lake City back in '78 and even visited with Mark Gustavson at his home. At the time, I didn't see anything that was special about Salt Lake City.

The show was awesome! The level of craftsmanship and detail is out of this world! The top award winner was beautiful as were all the models there.

I wouldn't have wanted to be a judge!

Was great to see my old friends and meet a few new.

I took 766 pictures and sadly most of them are out of focus because I messed up on the camera setting :(

Hope to see everyone there in 2015! Brad http://public.fotki.com/Lordmodelbuilder/plastic_model_related/gsl-xxiv-internatio/

The show was awesome! The level of craftsmanship and detail is out of this world! The top award winner was beautiful as were all the models there.

I wouldn't have wanted to be a judge!

Was great to see my old friends and meet a few new.

I took 766 pictures and sadly most of them are out of focus because I messed up on the camera setting :(

Hope to see everyone there in 2015! Brad http://public.fotki.com/Lordmodelbuilder/plastic_model_related/gsl-xxiv-internatio/

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Bill Davis----

Sorry I was not able to show up there---------being a retired United pilot riding on a pass used to be easy-----now they only fly 60 passenger airplanes between Chicago and Salt Lake and I couldn't get on------maybe someday soon--------

Jerry

NO GSL pics as of yet and when the NNL East was over there were TONS of photos. While I've never been to s GSL Meet, it's not on my bucket list as I was in Salt Lake City back in '78 and even visited with Mark Gustavson at his home. At the time, I didn't see anything that was special about Salt Lake City.

That's because guys were within driving distance of NNL East and posted the photos when they got home. More folks fly to GSL and the delay in posting photos is because of the travel time. I know that when it's over on Sunday around noon, we usually pointed the car in some odd direction to do some sight seeing. Then we'd fly home on Monday, with jet lag back to the east coast, that put my picture posting til Tuesday.

I am so glad I got to see Jim's "Making Memories" diorama in person. You've heard the description of really good models that look better in person. If I've ever seen a museum worthy model, this is it. All the gray scale details are crystal clear and the miniature lighting adds a touch that you just don't see on the internet. The story jumps right out at you!

Art Laski has a drop dead georgeous black Corvette, and John Teresi looks to have half the categories covered with several more examples of awesomeness.

I've been busy visiting family, so I haven't run into Bill Davis yet, but his work speaks for itself.

Way too many jewels to describe them all. Say a prayer for the judges :)

Good luck to you all.

Thanks, Alyn, for the comment on the 'vette. Congrats on placing with the T Tow Truck! Great to see you again, and I really enjoyed talking to your dad as well. Neat guy.

Just got back from my first GSL, WOW what an experience! every one has to put this on their bucket list!!! I got to meet all of my heroes and visit with them as well as see their creations up close and personal! Made a lot of new friends as well.

Even though it was my first GSL every one made us feel very welcomed, I had no idea Salt Lake City was so beautiful! Having a mountain top view from the motel was just icing on the cake!

Congrats to all who received awards, I feel it is an honor just to place at this event, top honors went to Greg Nicols with his 1/25 scale all brass and aluminum roadster called Backdraft, all most 10 years in the making I understand, wait till you see this!!

thanks to all who made us feel so welcome and Mr. Gustavson for the invite.

Bill, it was absolutely great to meet you and congratulations on the win in Replica class with the Keeling and Clayton car. Very well deserved!

Here are some pics I took, Sorry for the blurry ones.

http://public.fotki.com/alaski48/gsl-xxiv/

Edited by Art Laski

Bill Davis----

Sorry I was not able to show up there---------being a retired United pilot riding on a pass used to be easy-----now they only fly 60 passenger airplanes between Chicago and Salt Lake and I couldn't get on------maybe someday soon--------

Jerry

Hi Jerry, sorry you couldn't make it out, I appreciate you even considering coming, there is all ways the Heartland coming up in June in Kansas City, another great show a little closer lol,

Oh yes, back again from a great model car weekend at SLC...This year I feel that it wasn't some mech models than the last one but, the level of craftmaship and details was over any level. Like always, the group that organized this great event hit it in the bullseye with great seminars, vendors, the museum tour, the auction and all the other great events. Also, I saw old friends, made some news and everyone there was respectfull and very friendly...To me, this is the top level model car show to be...See you guys in the XXV in 2015!

Simón P. Rivera Torres