Model Cars Magazine Forum

Abarth Pro Street

DrKerry

I built this one a few years back. It has a Revell Corvette Pro Street chassis under it (similar to the Berettas chassis). I had to shorten the frame 3 inches to get it to fit under this bad boy....

Do ya think this would be a fun ride?????

IMG_3663_zps611d3d6e.jpg

Thank you all. glad ya like it.

Tom, the body is from an old battery operated model kit, not sure from who anymore.

Lazlow, I'll have to take a shot of the rear as it does have wheelie bars in the back. Short, but they r there!!! LOL

To add to this story, years ago my cousin and I were out looking for something to pro street. After stopping at two hobby stores he eyeballed this thing sitting there at 26.00 bucks back in 1990 was a bit of change. He said "Here I dare ya to do this one" I grabbed the box, uttere a few profanities and said "You got it". A week later he showed up at my place and I handed him a box of the cut offs, from the frame, shavings from the body that were cut out for clearence. He asked "What the h$@# is this for?" Then I picked up a box top that was covering this puppy, it was in primer but it was pro streeted. Needless to say he's never dared me to do anything since then!!!!!!! ........

To add to this story, years ago my cousin and I were out looking for something to pro street. After stopping at two hobby stores he eyeballed this thing sitting there at 26.00 bucks back in 1990 was a bit of change. He said "Here I dare ya to do this one" I grabbed the box, uttere a few profanities and said "You got it". A week later he showed up at my place and I handed him a box of the cut offs, from the frame, shavings from the body that were cut out for clearence. He asked "What the h$@# is this for?" Then I picked up a box top that was covering this puppy, it was in primer but it was pro streeted. Needless to say he's never dared me to do anything since then!!!!!!! ........

hehe, great story, great build. love to see oddball pro street cars. i keep pro street chassis and rear tire on my bench at all times.

hehe, great story, great build. love to see oddball pro street cars. i keep pro street chassis and rear tire on my bench at all times.

I still like the ol pro streeters too.

Yes, but it might get tiring having to change your soiled britches after every spin around the block. :lol:

Nah, just keep a stock of 'em in the glovebox...... or go without!!!!! :wacko: