Model Cars Magazine Forum

New 1/16th Photo Etch

Thanks Chris. PM returned...

I appreciate it, Michael. Assuming everything turns out the way I'm hoping, the order I'm waiting on will have several additional parts sets. In nickel-silver: a pair of butterfly steering wheels and assorted cockpit levers; wheelie bar housings; doorslammer levers. In brass: chassis tabs/brackets; upper strut mount gussets; front fender/clip mounting brackets; window mounting tab sets.

The wheelie bar housing kit will include the wheels, housing that the wheels fit into and wheelie bar axle that ties the wheels together. It won't include rear end housing brackets or the tubes themselves because there are so many different configurations and lengths to choose from. I've attached a drawing of what the PE pieces will look like.

post-7285-0-72145600-1367946521_thumb.jp

The wheelie bar housing kit will include the wheels, housing that the wheels fit into and wheelie bar axle that ties the wheels together. It won't include rear end housing brackets or the tubes themselves because there are so many different configurations and lengths to choose from. I've attached a drawing of what the PE pieces will look like.

Wow! Looks like good stuff. Anything on the buckles though?

Oops! Totally forgot to reply to that part of your question. Yes, I have two styles of 1/16th safety harness hardware I've got coming. I've got my fingers crossed that everything looks and fits well together. I've attached a similar pic to the other showing the two harnesses.

post-7285-0-11371100-1367963305_thumb.jp

Oops! Totally forgot to reply to that part of your question. Yes, I have two styles of 1/16th safety harness hardware I've got coming. I've got my fingers crossed that everything looks and fits well together. I've attached a similar pic to the other showing the two harnesses.

Wow those buckles look great! I honestly would need directions though! I'm definitely going to purchas a buckles set if I can afford it!

Hey Chris, thanks bro. I have the wheels already. I'm waiting on the housings, which will hopefully be in yet this week.

Anthony - they aren't going to be that expensive, so I hope you'll try them out...

Thanks Joe. Just let me know when you're ready and I'll try to get stuff on its way to you.

Michael, you didn't miss them. I only had a couple sets of them made initially because I wanted to verify that they would turn out like I wanted (and not waste money) before getting a bunch of them made. I was thinking mostly in regards to the Lenco logo etched into the upper part of the lever. Maybe I would have been wiser to have not even shown pictures of them until I had more on-hand, but I was excited to let folks know there were some new products available for 1/16th. I may end up revising the detent levers, since I'm not sure the ones I made, while accurately replicating the 1:1 pieces, may not fit the transmission as they are designed now.

Dan - I am planning to go the Heartland Nats. I will let you know where we're staying.

Kewl... let me know... The jury is still out on if We are going... I am working on a 1:1 67 Chevy Pickup and money is getting pretty tight and I need to get the frame cut...