Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grocery Shopping

Mercman

Not content with working on one project I started this one along with the fire dept.

Fire004_zps156d5d73.jpg

It has a photo back drop to be added for the store interior, so this will be a quick build. Also they supplied decals for a semi delivery truck. Another project for the future.

Nice. Where are you buying these kit's, on-line ? They really are going to look nice on your display. :)

I get them from the LHS here in town. I don't have a train layout I just like to build the kits for diorama use. I do have a dummy diesel engine, and some cars that will be incorporated into the dio eventually.

Like I said some changes have been made. First up new lighting, as the old light was just not right.

ro008_zpsfb39fcf0.jpg

Next we needed some shelves for the merchandise ( have to paint them yet), and a dairy case.

ro002_zps04da6063.jpg

Added some advertising to the walls.

ro007_zpsdbfbeed0.jpg

Somebody tried to break in so we had to board up one window. I told you this is a bad area of town.

ro004_zpsb8082231.jpg

Also the staff is busy helping customers.

Still more to come. So stay tuned.

Gonna put a cork in this one and call it done. I added another light to the interior so it shows better. Also detailed out a delivery truck. . Here's the pics.

RO002_zps001a067d.jpg

RO007_zpsd3ea03ef.jpg

Like I said this is not a good neighborhood. Not even the delivery vehicles are safe from the graffiti artists.

RO003_zps82194aff.jpg

RO005_zps60d5bef8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard of Red Owl- fictitious or more of a mid-west thing?

That came out very nicely, Junior.

What brand of markers did you use for the bricks? Those look good and I'd consider using them for my own builds.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Charlie, the Red Owl stores were fairly local in the tri state area. ND<MN< SD. The main warehouse was in Hopkins Mn. by Minneapolis.

As for the pens they are Pentel Color Pen Fine point. I picked up a green, orange, gray, and a couple of shades of brown. Paid $1.19 ea. for them. Hope this helps out.