Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Ohio

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but i've followed the forum for a long time now. I work in a machine shop by trade, and have been building and collecting cars, trucks, military tanks, planes, ships in a variety of scales for the last 36 years. I promise not to pester you all too much. I'm here to learn, not nitpick. I have seen some of the most amazing builds on here. I need to get to work to do ALOT of catching up. Thanks everybody.

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but i've followed the forum for a long time now. I work in a machine shop by trade, and have been building and collecting cars, trucks, military tanks, planes, ships in a variety of scales for the last 36 years. I promise not to pester you all too much. I'm here to learn, not nitpick. I have seen some of the most amazing builds on here. I need to get to work to do ALOT of catching up. Thanks everybody.

Welcome Kevin and by your screen name I thought that you might be a cop. I guess not.

...the farms of Ohio...had been replaced by shopping malls.

And muzak filled the air... from Seneca to Cuyahoga Falls...

Where'd you go, Ohio?

yep...and unless your in healthcare ...there really are no real "Decent" paying jobs here in Marietta!...Oh yeah luckily i live on a working farm here still

Hi and welcome from yet another Ohio refuge. Born and raised in Toledo, Schooled at Detroit and Milan dragways. (Yes, I'm old enough to remember Detroit Dragway before it became a warehouse strip and Milan before bankruptcy.)

Dale

High Octane! I'm the cop...lol......., well the recently retired one. Bismarck, I was in your state a couple years ago

and the people there are awesome. Was down by Bengals stadium. I went to a class for becoming lie detector examiner, loved it. Anyway welcome to the forum from Arkansas.....

Edited by goodguyinar416

Welcome aboard. I'm an Ohio native, from Steubenville and the hills of Tuscarawas County (near Gnadenhutten) originally....lived in Kent and the Stow area (Kent State, '88 and '92) before moving to Michigan in '94. Still go back once-twice a year to visit family. So green and humid back there, enjoy my visits.

Speaking of my past modeling experiences w/ models and Ohio, my first 1/25th scale glue kits came from a Mr Wiggs store in Steubenville in 1977. Also remember getting kits at Harts and Rinks stores in New Philadelphia in the late '70s-early '80s.

Edited by Rob Hall

When I think of Ohio and model cars I think of $4 Jo-Han kits at the Clines 5&10 in New Matamoras, Ohio, right down the road from Newport and Marietta.

Nice to see some familiar Ohio town names on here.