Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many of you would buy newer model truck kits?

Just curious. I'm a little bummed they don't make he newer style pickup trucks. I have an 06 Sierra, different front end than the Chevy, and both of those changed in 03. So 99-07 had 3 different front ends. Now there's the newest body style. The F150 is a big one too, not to mention as a Chevy and Ford guy, the new Ram trucks are sexy.

Sprinter vans, work trucks etc,

Molds are very expensive, no doubt. I would think they would do one or two though. Just curious what percentage of people would buy these up?

also, I can't wait until the first order-anything-you-want 3D-print-per-order model company comes out. Order up your make and model, have in printed and off you go.

I would- a current model Ford Super Duty pickup is the dragon I'm chasing, personally. But I'd love to see more CURRENT light truck kits. If you ask me, even something like Revell reissuing the Wrangler Rubicon as a plastic kit is a step in the right direction. B)

Depends.

I have Lost interest in most 'new' offerings from the car companies.

I mostly prefer Pre-75.

Most New ones look too much alike, even Crossing brands!!!

As a truck guy, that sounds insane. But sometimes the Mopar muscles look the same to me :D

I hate the F150's but their Super Duty's are killer looking.

I'd like to build a work fleet of trucks like we have at work. a few 2500 flatbeads, a 2500 van, 4500 stake bed.

The new Rams are just chiseled. The rear bumper cutout for the exhaust is super clean.

Hands down I would in a heart beat. I'm would LOVE to see the Ford Raptor released in a kit. Revell already has my Jeep (WOO HOO) and I also want to see a 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10.

Another truck I would like to see in plastic is the Ford F650. Thing is massive in 1:1 so I could only imagine what it would look like scaled.

We don't have very many trucks on the market. Given I know the demographics are weak for it but I feel like if they would make them, people would buy them.

Given the popularity of American full-size trucks, whatever the make, I'm rather surprised that there are not more offerings. Would I buy them? Maybe, but then I'm not really as interested in scale trucks as some of the Forum members are. Odd, considering that my 1:1 ride is a pick-em-up.

I would buy multiples of any modern truck kit Ford, Dodge, GM, or Toyota. I build mostly trucks and cannot get enough of the truck kits that were produced in the 90's by AMT/Ertl. I find it strange that most moddlers here and at my local club say that they dont like the truck kits and dont build them, but when you ask them to trade or to buy the kits they act like they are made of gold and refuse to give them up.

It's all a matter of economics. If there was a lot of money to be made producing models of late model trucks, the manufacturers would be all over it. Don't forget that the last set of vehicles we had, pickups, Explorers, Expeditions etc. were all promo based. That means that the actual car manufacturer ordered those done and pretty much paid for the tooling. So any kit production beyond that was gravy.

There's a few trucks I'd like to see too. I wouldn't mind a Sprinter or one of those little Ford Transit Connects.

I think we're more likely to see trucks in diecast, and don't forget that we can take those apart and build what we want from them. They're essentially models to be built!

I'm all over that....ANYTHING current would be cool...I'm sure the Harley Davidson F-150 would sell very well, because of all the applications you could use it for....Not to mention, even the old Chevy Silverado SS with extra cab would look awesome in any guise...The Sprinter vans work for me, too....Oh, and maybe, even a Dodge with that really big cab they got....And I'd buy multiples, as well....It sucks to have, like, 9 Galaxie trailers and nothing, really, to pull them with.....

Edited by kilrathy10

There may be a regional aspect to the lack of pickup models produced. I understand that pickups are not as popular in other areas as they are here in Texas. The pickup truck and SUV are our most popular vehicles. Down here people will buy a 3/4 or 1 ton truck as a daily driver to their office jobs. I am guilty myself. I drive a Ram 1500 4x4 that I have never driven "off road". Its just too nice to tear up. Im not critisizing those who buy large trucks to drive arround town because it is our choice to buy what we want with our money. I hope that the new Moebius Ford's will be a huge hit and more pickup models will be tooled up in the near future.

For those that have no interest in pickup models I do accept donations. :)

Edited by Evilbenny

There may be a regional aspect to the lack of pickup models produced. I understand that pickups are not as popular in other areas as they are here in Texas.

Very true. I noticed the difference out west. In NJ and PA the dealers front row is always cars.. when I was in Utah and Wyoming, it was trucks!

I'd love a 2007+ GMC Sierra in any trim but would prefer the Denali. There are, my humble opinion, some of the best looking trucks ever made. They're right up there with the '67-72 GMs. Historically, I've always preferred the Chevy version but this time around I think GMC got the better design. The latest Rams are hot too. The styling of the latest Fords is hit or miss with me.