Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Pictures

I know the '67 & '68 Ambassador parts listed and sold are : Bumpers / Grilles (F&R) , Windshield Frame (no glass) {I need for a '68 Restoration - no convertible boot either} , Taillights . What else do you need ? Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

I know the '67 & '68 Ambassador parts listed and sold are : Bumpers / Grilles (F&R) , Windshield Frame (no glass) {I need for a '68 Restoration - no convertible boot either} , Taillights . What else do you need ? Thanx ..

A hood.

That's my one big problem with modelhaus they don't show their product!

I asked about that recently in an email to them about a non-SS Chevelle grill. I got a very terse reply stating they work 60 hour weeks and have no time to take pictures of anything.

Tom, I have a hood and interior bucket from a '68 Ambassador that I was going to PIF over on the Spotlight board. If you need them PM me your shipping info and I'll send them to you. It's all I have left of the one I bought in '68 and built as a funny car.

I asked about that recently in an email to them about a non-SS Chevelle grill. I got a very terse reply stating they work 60 hour weeks and have no time to take pictures of anything.

I am surpeised that is all the hours they work in a week... Don is the leader in Resin casting and probably sell 25-50 pieces to everyone elses 1... I know I buy between 50-100 pieces a year...

I know this may sound kinda stupid,but I have to see what the product looks like before I pay the kinda cash most of their products. Also wouldn't it only help the business to post pictures of their stuff, even if they have to put in just one more hour a week

Since most of their parts are kit restoration parts, I already have a good idea what the part looks like...I've been buying w/ confidence from Don for at least 20 years now. As far as their resin kits, there are photos of many them online, in particular a site on Fotki.

Edited by Rob Hall

First you can bank on it that anything you order from Modelhaus will be a top quality product. Second Don, Carol & their son work full time producing resin stuff for the rest of us. Probably can't handle any more business.

First you can bank on it that anything you order from Modelhaus will be a top quality product.

Thats fine for existing and/or a previous customer base , but imo if offers nothing for new or potentially new customers something to look at to see if the item is what they want . Pictures go a LOOOOONG way in a products success,,,,, or not .

Edited by gtx6970