Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grilling

Here in MN nothing says spring like a BBQ /grilling. Me I love carcoal you can't beat the taste! Tonight is brats with peppers and onions. This is my second time on the grill this year so glad spring is here. What is your favorite BBQ items?

MVC006F-vi.jpg

I love to grill stuff. Above are kabobs with marinated chicken and kielbasa.

MVC005F-vi.jpg

If you've gone to GSL you have probably had a Crown Burger. I made some at home. It's basically a cheeseburger with pastrami on it. Really good!

MVC002S-vi.jpg

My secret weapon. Cajun shrimp kabobs. The shrimp are rolled in the cajun spices and then wrapped in bacon. Yum!

I also love to make my own wings on the grill. Man, now I'm hungry.

MVC006F-vi.jpg

I love to grill stuff. Above are kabobs with marinated chicken and kielbasa.

MVC005F-vi.jpg

If you've gone to GSL you have probably had a Crown Burger. I made some at home. It's basically a cheeseburger with pastrami on it. Really good!

MVC002S-vi.jpg

My secret weapon. Cajun shrimp kabobs. The shrimp are rolled in the cajun spices and then wrapped in bacon. Yum!

I also love to make my own wings on the grill. Man, now I'm hungry.

Tom, please STOP posting food pics as you're making me hungry. LOL!

Grilling is great! In fact, the wife has already requested a filet cooked on the grill for Mothers Day.

I really like smoking meat. I've got a cheapo Brinkman that has an electric coil in the bottom to provide heat and make the selected wood smolder. I've rigged up an oven thermostat that runs an outlet which has the coil plugged into it. A thermometer in the side tells me if I'm off on temperatures. Thanksgiving is always smoked turkey and Christmas is smoked ham. YUMMY!

My favorite thing to bbq is a nice steak. I usually marinade it and then baste it with sauce every time I turn it. I know everyone likes their food a bit different but this works really well for me. :lol:

Ribeyes...and no, I can't affod to do that very often.

Something that goes great with beef or chicken is vegetable kabobs. Slice up some mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, zucchini, and whatever else. Serve with just a tiny bit of Heinz 57. Good stuff. For dessert on the grill, I love some fresh pineapple. I'm not sure why, but grilling takes away te acidity and makes pineapple taste really sweet.

I use lump charcoal, but get tired of throwing away a pound or so with each bag because it's just dust and doesn't burn properly. I'm going to run a gas line to the back porch and get a grille that runs off the house supply of Natural Gas. Grill whenever I want/never run out of fuel.

Here in MN nothing says spring like a BBQ /grilling. Me I love carcoal you can't beat the taste! Tonight is brats with peppers and onions. This is my second time on the grill this year so glad spring is here. What is your favorite BBQ items?

Man only your second time !! I have gone through a 20 pound bag of charcoal since the first of April. Think i might Snoke A Brisket Tomorrow just depends on what the Doctor does to me in the morning.

I'm going to run a gas line to the back porch and get a grille that runs off the house supply of Natural Gas. Grill whenever I want/never run out of fuel.

I can't go with that idea. Convenient, yes. But to me, "grilling" means cooking over a charcoal or wood flame. "Grilling" on a gas flame is just cooking outside. Might as well just do it in the kitchen.

Tom,

I've been home-made Crown Burger-ing for years! They're awesome and you don't have to go to SLC to get 'em! I even buy their fry sauce in the local stores!

But your Cajun shrimp kabobs look fabulous! Would you share the recipe for the spices? If so, I'll share my world-famous secret recipe for grilled trout.

:)

I can't go with that idea. Convenient, yes. But to me, "grilling" means cooking over a charcoal or wood flame. "Grilling" on a gas flame is just cooking outside. Might as well just do it in the kitchen.

I only ever barbecue with propane. Works fine for me... *shrug*

Tom,

I've been home-made Crown Burger-ing for years! They're awesome and you don't have to go to SLC to get 'em! I even buy their fry sauce in the local stores!

But your Cajun shrimp kabobs look fabulous! Would you share the recipe for the spices? If so, I'll share my world-famous secret recipe for grilled trout.

:)

Hey Dan, your PM is broke! Tried to send you two over the last week and it says you can't receive PMs.

Hey Dan, your PM is broke! Tried to send you two over the last week and it says you can't receive PMs.

Tom,

My bad. Apparently you occasionally have to empty the basket in order to cram more goodies into it! I cleaned out a bunch of old messages (guess I don't need those from 2007 any more!) and made some room.

Sorry! :unsure: