Model Cars Magazine Forum

31 Nash: way beyond "Rat Fiink" Coupe: new project 5/9/13

John Teresi

Well, there's no doubt in my mind that you can pull this off John! I'm sure you'll do it justice and then some. Can't wait to see this come together!

Hello........thank you all for the interest in this build...........these partial kits will be the donors......I decided to use the Heller 1/24 Renault........it has more of a square body like the Nash........I will combine some of these kits and scratch build what I need........I sanded down the rag top and I will mold it into a hard top.......I opened up the doors,chopped the top and cut open the roof........I will add window frames to the doors,open up the rear window and add all the body moldings latter.........I think I will be able to capture the look of the Nash?........it wont be perfect but,good enough for me.......thanks for looking.

DSCF7708_zpsd5044365.jpg

DSCF7711_zpsf74241eb.jpg

DSCF7714_zpsb40f810b.jpg

DSCF7715_zps5390f60b.jpg

DSCF7718_zps5655a111.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them.........I am using HO scale: Head Frame Sheave`s for the 60`s style gasser front wheels..........I still need to modify them a little.......I also did some more work on the body.......I added wheel wells ,added more length to the trunk area and made a front window visor........and opened up the rear window........I still need to add the body trim and sand and shape.......just a quick mock-up........thanks for looking.

DSCF7723_zps3d23e303.jpg

DSCF7735_zpsed0ccc10.jpg

DSCF7736_zps4262525f.jpg

DSCF7728_zps1079a827.jpg

John, where did you come up with the idea to use the head frame sheave as wheels? Very ingenious.

Stephen.......I cruz over to the HO train store a couple of blocks from my house.........so much stuff you could look all day......I always buy something......... just came across them one day ......thought they might work for front 60`s style gasser wheels......I have used them on a few of my builds already........thanks