Model Cars Magazine Forum

31 Nash: way beyond "Rat Fiink" Coupe: new project 5/9/13

John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments........I did some work on the interior.......I made a floor pan and wrap around seats........the seats will have inserts ........I also made a Hurst shift box.......everything is still in the rough mock-up stages........I will work on the dash tomorrow.......thanks for looking.

DSCF7782_zpse3144454.jpg

DSCF7781_zpsbfd94033.jpg

DSCF7783_zpsac22956c.jpg

DSCF7784_zps89a87af2.jpg

DSCF7777_zps2ed6f2e9.jpg

Hello........thank you all for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them........I made a dash board and gauge cluster.......also made a radiator,except for the fan..........got the steering column and steering wheel mocked-up........I will be using a different steering wheel.......just wanted to get a mock-up look........I will work on the brake master cylinder and pedal tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF7803_zpse9fd23a7.jpg

DSCF7804_zps44fc6a59.jpg

DSCF7806_zpsa1628612.jpg

DSCF7810_zps010e8ae8.jpg

DSCF7802_zpsf7d809d4.jpg

John

I'm amazed on how quickly you move forward , considering the amount of scratchbuilding you do.

It's not my taste but I'll give you credit for thinking outside the box,,,,,,,,WAAAAAAAY outside,,,,,, like across the street from the box ..

To all the ones who do all this scratchbuild stuff like brass frames, an engine from chunks of aluminum , making bodies from sheet plastic or a complete car from scratch is awe inspiring yet almost intimidating. So my hats off to you all.

My how the times have changed from the days when we used moms sewing thread for spark plug wiring.

sorry for the subtle hijak, I just had to get that out

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments..........I made a brake pedal and mocked-up the brake cylinder.......and I also started on the air bags and brackets .......I made a battery holder and battery.......all the fine details will come later......I will add brackets for the 4 link suspension tomorrow.......thanks for looking.

DSCF7831_zpsab05b96b.jpg

DSCF7830_zps84319978.jpg

DSCF7825_zps8d0b85ad.jpg

DSCF7827_zps9e83d634.jpg

DSCF7828_zps04912c19.jpg

DSCF7829_zps6da6676f.jpg