Model Cars Magazine Forum

Attention AMC fans

I think this is a new cover/edition for a previous book Mr. Foster wrote, shown here on the bottom left:

11605642.jpg

I have both the "Family Album" and "AMC Performance Cars" books, and they are worth getting if you're an AMC fan. The Family album is almost all pictures, with year by year coverage of Nashes, Hudsons, etc.

anything from amc would be sweet!

amx, ambassadors, javelins,marlins,eagle, any old jeeps(original amc) like the j-10 / honcho pickups, ramblers, rambler s/c any hursy optioned amc' levis denim version gremmys(grmlin) i'm sure theres other I've forgotton

anything from amc would be sweet!

amx, ambassadors, javelins,marlins,eagle, any old jeeps(original amc) like the j-10 / honcho pickups, ramblers, rambler s/c any hursy optioned amc' levis denim version gremmys(grmlin) i'm sure theres other I've forgotton

Don't forget about the super rare "Playmate Pink" AMX's http://www.amcalberta.ca/DorianAMX.html

Edited by Austin T

Interesting. I'd build one just because.

Wonder if anyone can make a figure of Angela Dorian to go along with it?

Charlie Larkin

(another case of almost anything AMC buyer)

I've thought the same thing to about building one, except I only have one Jo-Han AMX and I had to pretty much fight to the death over that one. If I had more this would be a different story.

• 7 months later...

To bring this back up to the top, I did get a copy of the new book for Christmas (as well as buying a copy, to give to someone else). It is NOT a rewrite or repackaging of any previous work. Since seeing the announcement of the new book, I had been looking for a copy to check out before buying one, as Patrick Foster's previous AMC book was, in my opinion, not very good. I haven't cared much for his Hemmings Classic Car columns either. But the new book is very good, and I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in AMC, or independent American automakers in general. Foster seems to have made a particular effort to not recycle anything from the first book, photos included. There are lots of interesting pictures, many of which I hadn't seen before (having once owned an AMC car, I have long been interested in them, and gravitate towards any reading material about them). The information is interesting too, and includes things I hadn't read about previously. This book only touches on AMC's racing activity, something I wish would have been explored more deeply. It does get more into styling and prototypes, something lacking in the first book and with AMC is always interesting. Of course, we'd probably have liked to see a chapter with brochures and promotional items, and maybe more dealership photos...but no such luck. Even so, this is easily Patrick Foster's best work, and I would recommend it highly.

There is no mention of "mass production" on the book cover. The cover states that AMC was "America's last independent automaker" Not true.

Technically speaking, that's true, but you, I, and anyone else who has a good knowledge of American automotive history knows Nash, Packard, Studebaker, Hudson and other similar manufacturers were considered "independents" when compared to GM, Ford and Chrysler, aka, The Big Three. When Nash and Hudson merged and became American Motors Corp., AMC was the last "independent" manufacturer left.

Either way, good to know there's new content in this book, especially studio styling drawings and (hopefully?) some some sculpted work, too. There's quite a bit of that in C.L. Zinn's AMX and Javelin books, too. :wub: