Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where to get Little Hypodermic Needles?

For others who use hypodermic needles to apply glue, CA accelerator, etc.. Where do you buy just a couple of needles? Specifically 28 - 32 gauge needles. I looked on eBay and you can get them there but the smallest quantity is like 100, don't quite need that many. Any ideas or sources? (Don't know anyone who injects insulin.)

No Bill that's why I am asking where to purchase, beg, borrow or steal a few. Almost every model magazine, book... reccomends using really small gauge hypodermic syringe and needles to apply liquid cement.

There is a guy on eBay who sells "liquid bearings" (I think) who I bought a couple empties off of him, I use one to squirt on super glue accelerator on with the bottles use a larger gauge hypodermic needle. Plastruct used to sell a hypodermic with needle to apply liquid cement. Trouble is that liquid cement and CA acellerator are both like water, when applied with a large gauge needle tend to flood rather than pin point application.

I'm diabetic and have never seen quantities less than 100 ... when you use 4 or 5 a day, that's a small supply. Having gotten a Medical Discharge for diabetes, I get all mine free from the VA, so I don't even know if the average person can just walk in and buy any without a prescription. Most of the ones I get are 29 or 30 gage. I have tried them for CA but got only one use since it hardened inside ... maybe I needed to flush better or suck in some debonder. The hundred pack may be a good buy it that happens often. I just went back to toothpicks and sewing needles.

Guest G Holding

Go to your local pharmacy, talk to the pharmacist , tell him / her what you need them for. I have never had trouble, I have bought them for cleaning mechanisms with solvent. I brought a pair of sidecutters with me, as you do not need it sharp...to cut points.

I always used glass syringes, as MEK does melt the plastic ones, or destroys the o ring on the plunger

I would like to get some in various sizes to use as antenas, suspensions pieces etc.

As fo CA glue applicatior, I take seweing needles of various sizes, then grind/nip part of the eye off. This leaves a small two prong fork, and the capliary action holds small quantities between them, then you touch it to the area that needs the glue.