Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/24 Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra Twin Build Thread.

BMX Addicts

They were fully installed by Tetsuo and to be honest I still wonder how was even possible that he was able to get away with it without ruining a single decal!!!... It requires a special skill and why not, hands of silk.

Extremely happy with them cant wait to fit them into each chassi.

Thank you Jeremy...

Polishing the plastic may seem as overkill, but is undeniable that we all leave sanding marks and sometimes even glue residue; according to the mentor, these are the main reason for having lemon peel and fish eyes on the final finish... And it makes sense too, I use spray cans and BELIEVE ME, I'm not so good at it either, but the results seem to be above the average joe, so maybe this is one of the reasons??? ;)

Edited by BMX Addicts

Gentleman, we have just finished!!!... They both have little things here and there (The mirrors were left out intentionally), but they are without a doubt my best so far.... Extremely happy with the result, I hope my friend would be too B)

photo-35_zpsdb29f276.jpg

photo-37_zpsf81f18b6.jpg

photo-36_zps060ed60c.jpg

photo-38_zpsa47375ec.jpg

photo-39_zps8775873c.jpg

photo-40_zpsaefdc222.jpg

It has been raining nonstop since Friday, but I wanted to try my weekend project so improvised a little :P

photo-41_zps35ff1c8b.jpg

Thanks to all of you that hung around for the duration of the build.

Thanks for all the comments guys, it has been a couple days and I still come back to my studio to look at these things over and over.

Austin, the photo with the track was improvised by placing the diorama right next to my Desktop screen, I really want to go out with it to take a more natural shot, but it has been raining non stop.

Ah!!!... I'm sorry, Just realized I never posted the Diorama project in this thread...

What happened was that I was kind of tired of taking photos in the backyard, so I went to Home Depot on Friday got some materials and made this set up (is pretty basic and obviously not to scale, but you'll get the idea):

photo-10_zps4e14cbf7.jpg

So I go outside and place it somewhere that would allow me to take snapshots from a distance:

photo-42_zpsb671c0da.jpg

And then come back home and crop it a little (if needed):

photo-43_zpsbdbde8ff.jpg

It literally rained 30ft right before I could get into my car... :wacko:

Edited by BMX Addicts

• 1 year later...

There you are tetsooey, let me take this opportunity to thank you again for all the help with the bodies, I sure couldn't have make them so nicely!!!

Guys?.... What happened to the GT thread?, I still have the Pescarolo on my workbench, never kept going because it got me really frustrated with the photo etched grills and such (maybe this is something that requires to call up upon on Tetsuo again? :D )

• 2 months later...