Model Cars Magazine Forum

The last test ?

cobraman

Hello guys. Forgive me but I would like to write about my daughter a bit. Seems like such a short time ago that my wife and daughter would go out to the desert when we lived in California. I taught her how to ride her little dirt bike. I taught her how to shoot. First with a bb gun and then her own .22. We also spent time shooting off rockets and she enjoyed flying kites. Now several years later and after seeing her through pre school, grade school/ middle school, high school, 4 years of college she will be graduating from 3 years at law school next week. The main hurddle now will be school to prepare for the Bar exam. I know what you might be thinking..... Theres enough Lawyers already ! Kind of feel that way myself but this is what she has wanted to do for as long as I can remember. Please wish her well in passing the Bar and securing a job in these lean times. I wanted to also just say to all the younger parents with small kids to please, please enjoy the time with your childern. It goes much quicker than you can imagine. Again, please forgive my long post.

My brother-in-law is an attorney in Florida (insert in-law or lawyer joke here), and while I know that the bar exam can be a tough one, I'm sure that if your daughter put in the study time, she'll pass. As a parent, I'm sure you are quite pleased that your girl has put an honest effort into really making something out of herself. That, my friend, is a parental success story.

Guest G Holding

Blessings to you both.

My #2 daughter graduated last june with a BS in nursing and passed boards to Register in PA and Jersey.But even with the shortage, it took her 6 months with a headhunter to land a job.She took a job as a Critical Care Nurse , works nights and loves her job, co workers, employer and career. ( and makes great $$$)

So my message to both of you is be patient, keep your hopes up, and your talent will allow you to shine!

An education is worth all the hard work, and will pay off for her..! Time sure does fly!!

Having studied to be a paralegal, and still toying with law school myself for down the road, I can honestly say that your daughter has earned a right to be proud, and you have, too.

Law school is an arduous undertaking and she accomplished what she did is quite something.

As to the count of lawyers- yes, there are a lot of them. What we're missing though, are good, ethical lawyers with a sense of duty and honor. As long as she remembers that, she'll do well.

What type of law does she want to practice?

Charlie Larkin

Thanks guys. She is interested in contract law and also ????? having a senior moment and can't remember the other. ( interlectural properties ) ????? Something like that. She has worked very hard and I just hope she can find a decent job.