Model Cars Magazine Forum

The GT race car CBP(now open)

martinfan5

Good stuff Tomo... At this pace, you will have three or four kits built in a couple months (Please add me to that list :lol: ).

A couple weeks back I learned from a fellow member the use of markers to make the console buttons, but yours sure look a lot better, how do you paint these?

Yeah I can finish a build relatively quickly, it's called having nothing better to do :P but time is now gonna be slightly occupied! :P

For the buttons I use a very sharpened toothpick, dab the end of it very very slightly against the paint that sticks to the lid of the tamiya acrylic tubs, and just barely touch the button. Works every time :)

Here's my entry: Fujimi Porsche 911 GT3R. It's a really nice curbside kit. The plan is to take my time and really add a lot of extra detail to the interior and body. I need to fine tune this for a F2001 build down the road.

88d74678-2d70-4e35-88e4-548a0a9e02e8_zps

9fa91f4c-e3ed-4208-a3f5-8a96358b870d_zps

Here's some of the goodies from my stash I'll be adding:

-Scale Motorsport Flying Lizard Decals

-Hobby Design Porsche 911 GT3 Photo Etch Kit

-Hobby Design wires and plumbing

-Hobby Design and T2M fittings

-Model Factory Hiro Tubing

-Hobby Design Antennae Kit

-Hobby Design 5 Point Seat Belt

-Brake Caliper decals

-Carbon Fiber decals where applicable

-And various scratchbuilt pieces where needed

9f25067c-ed98-4778-bc36-3e519d135984_zps

966ee989-99f6-4a42-a22b-2a73ab3383cb_zps

I hope to start it this week! All the cars look great so far guys!

Small update on BMW. Hopefully computer wont lose this post. After working on a Tamiya kit, this thing is like going back in time. Had to sand the top of the block to get head to sit flat. Front engine cover appears to be sized wrong; it sits above the heads when installed. The intercooler is 90* off from pics I found of real car.

DSCN1061.jpgDSCN1062.jpgDSCN1063.jpgDSCN1064.jpgDSCN1065.jpgDSCN1074.jpg

Have to paint a few more engine details on clamps and airbox.

Got a little more done on BMW. This thing has more ridges on areas that should be flat. Engine didn't fit correctly in bay. Still trying to decide if gas tank/rear undertray should be aluminum per directions, or some shade of black. Can't find any rear pictures on line.

DSCN1097.jpgDSCN1099.jpgDSCN1101.jpgDSCN1102.jpg

Got a little more done on BMW. This thing has more ridges on areas that should be flat. Engine didn't fit correctly in bay. Still trying to decide if gas tank/rear undertray should be aluminum per directions, or some shade of black. Can't find any rear pictures on line.

The project is coming along nicely Oscar, I know is a crappy shot, but try here for a fuel cell unrestored.

The project is coming along nicely Oscar, I know is a crappy shot, but try here for a fuel cell unrestored.

Based on some other pics I found of a 320, not a 2002 :P , it looks like its "dark" under rear bumper, so time to paint over the flat aluminum. Thanks for the link Juan!

Found a better set of pictures. Not sure why I couldn't find these in beginning. Wrong livery, but correct chassis.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/04/bmw-of-north-americas-vintage-collection-the-group-5-e21-320-turbo/

May be helpful to someone in the future.

Edited by o-man

I know this build doesn't qualify for this thread (By a week), but is probably the reason why we got the GT forum started... It is without a doubt the best one off my bench so far.

Just wanted to share it with you guys

photo-35_zpsdb29f276.jpg

photo-43_zpsbdbde8ff.jpg

Edited by BMX Addicts