Model Cars Magazine Forum

The GT race car CBP(now open)

martinfan5

Sweet Mazda, Oscar.

If you're like me, you'll have a piece that looks good, so you'll go with it, take a pic, and post it up. Then while looking at your post in the monitor, you'll see all kinds of bad in it. 017.gif That's what happened with the seat. I didn't like the sanding scuff marks on the front. So I prepped it better and shot the rear half in semi-black. Then I masked that off and shot the front in Tamiya dark grey acrylic.
Much happier now. eusa_dance.gif

935022-vi.jpg

Since the chassis is coming along nicely, it's time to resume work on the engine. The engine tin work was in this semi-transparent plastic, but I didn't like the look, so I sprayed it Tamiya AS-15 Tan. Also got the distributor superglued into place

935027-vi.jpg935028-vi.jpg

The spark plug leads were on a rubber like sprue. I was hesitant about it at first because of the strange bends it had, but after bundling it up and getting it to the spark plugs, I'm OK with it.

935029-vi.jpg935030-vi.jpg935031-vi.jpg935032-vi.jpg935033-vi.jpg

Paul, I love seeing your work, but it makes me feel like I am just playing with toys :lol: , loving the work so far, cant wait to see more

I will be rejoining this one very soon, I think I am going to do one of the Fujimi BMW GT3 kits that I have

Paul, I love seeing your work, but it makes me feel like I am just playing with toys :lol: , loving the work so far, cant wait to see more

I will be rejoining this one very soon, I think I am going to do one of the Fujimi BMW GT3 kits that I have

Yeah Paul this stuff is great for sure, nice work on those wires keeping it super clean and neat. And too I like that last part there Jon!! you have a pic of your box art?

Yeah Paul this stuff is great for sure, nice work on those wires keeping it super clean and neat. And too I like that last part there Jon!! you have a pic of your box art?

Lawrence , here is a link to the kit, just easier , I am lazy

This is the one I am thinking about

http://www.hlj.com/product/FUJ12568/Aut

I also have this one, but dont want to deal with the decals on it yet

http://www.hlj.com/product/FUJ18990/Aut

WHOA! Yeah, I can imagine that decal sheet might be intense on that second one.. There was another one in an endurance race that was black with pirelli logos striped on it i think.. I'll try and find a pic. Maybe that'd be an option?

WHOA! Yeah, I can imagine that decal sheet might be intense on that second one.. There was another one in an endurance race that was black with pirelli logos striped on it i think.. I'll try and find a pic. Maybe that'd be an option?

Well, I wont say no, but I dont want any heavy decals one right now :lol:

That looks nice, I might see if decals have been made

Edit- found a decal sheet that is the same livery, but different car number, but not going to happen $30 decal sheet :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Decal-1-24-BMW-Z4-GT3-DOERR-2010-11-Spa-Le-Mans-Fujimi-12556-Revell-125565-m3-m5-/221222323070?pt=US_Racing_Fan_Shop&hash=item3381e0c37e

Edited by martinfan5