Model Cars Magazine Forum

Enzo F.

carro

Well here is my next subject, Revell Enzo Ferrari. Im thinking grey for the body instead of the usual Enzo colors. Im planning for now just building it box stock unless I find some different wheels in my stash.
P5110578_zpsea0b95a4.jpg
P5110583_zpsed24c895.jpg
If anybody built this kit or is building it at the moment and is aware of any fitting issues or have any tips please let me know. Thanks in advance and for looking.

Just a warning. Use the mesh that comes with it, gives it a completely different look with it. I made the mistake of not using it on mine and I regret it.

Also the exhausts are a real pain in the ass to fit...just take your time, took me an hour just to line everything up.

Good luck!

Edited by nhra1625

I built this little bugger. It's very well detailed and the fit is good for most of the parts but watch out for the front end if you want it to have that mean low stance. Mine came out a bit high and I had to tweak the front end after I had glued it up. All of the little parts that fit into those vents behind the doors are low tolerance deals. Use as little glue as possible for them. each vent/intake thing id three parts if I remember right. It includes a square of carbon fiber looking fabric that you are suppose to cut according to included stencils but I found it hard to make them stick. This was before I got into CA.

Mine looks like this. Rattle can paint.

Enzo023_zps2e166320.jpg

Dale

• 9 months later...

Well after a long building slump and not having any interest in building anything what so ever I've been looking trough the forums for a while now trying to get motivated and get bit by the building bug again. Instead of starting something new I decided to continue what I started last year and hopefully be able to finish this one before the year is over. Well I primed some parts and painted others, here are some pics.

P3020325_zps3859b6ec.jpgP3020326_zpsd7f23ae5.jpgP3020327_zps080c2f2c.jpg

I do want this kit. Just cant figure out if i want the revel or the tamiya. Ill make my choice watching you build

And you are off to a great start

And you are off to a great start

Thank's! so far the hatch didn't match up and i had to twist and fill with putty on the passenger side in order for it to sit like it should. Also the chassis is twisted and altough i heat it up with water and tried make it flat i couldn't get it to lay flat ( most likely that will give me issues later) I heard the exhaust is a bit of a pain on this one but haven't gotten there yet, and also the front suspension is a bit to high so some trimming might be in order to get it to sit just right.Building Tamiya kits in the past im sure the Tamiya is better quality (and also a lot more $) but its all plastic and i've seen beautifull representations out of both Tamiya and Revel kits.

Well here is more pics. got the body painted and somewhat polished. Now i need to start painting all the body trim. Also started on the interior, I decided to go with blue instead of the typical red seats.

P6180845_zps358a4889.jpgP3090328_zpsa8bafd94.jpgP3090329_zps6392ce86.jpg

Did a little more painting. I tried painting cf on the back of the seats and the material I used was to big for the scale of the seats. I'll leave it like that. It was just for trial anyways, i am sure the back of the seats will hardly be visible when its done.

P3100330_zps208d65d8.jpgP3100331_zpse47761d1.jpgP3100332_zps1e9b77ca.jpgP3100335_zps40eac551.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, it's been a while since i posted anything on this one. The front bumper will not fit correctly no matter what I tried and the engine cover also doesn't sit like it should. This one is considered done in my book although I'm very disappointed by the finished model I did learn a little more so it wasn't a total loss. And now for some pictures.

P9200319_zps1c6937d7.jpg

P9200321_zpsf5a1509e.jpg

P9200324_zps048e14f9.jpgP9200328_zps8fae36df.jpgP9200330_zpsb25564c7.jpgP9200331_zpsc737c97e.jpg