Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose 1/12 Scale '69 Camaro

Oh wow. Here is the pic that I have from the Revell announcement video they posted a week or two ago:

1-12FooseCamaro_zps2e11fd9c.jpg

I kinda hope we get the one you posted Earl, just because it looks like that one would have the RS grille. It would really be nice to have that. But I do like the wheels better on the black one I think.

And I really, really, really hope we get all the stock parts and BLACK z/28 stripes!!!!!!!

As far as the cost for the kit, I was thinking $69 was the suggested retail back when the stock version of this kit was released in 2004/2005ish?? Seems about right to me for a 1/12 scale kit. I would think we would see these pop up on eBay eventually in the $40s/$50s.

I don't understand all the fuzz about it, if you look at the history of modelkits, it is quite likely it is going to be the same 1/12 Camaro as we know it from previous releases, combined with some new wheels and decals.

I guess that is it. Nothing more, nothing less. No Foosified body, no RS grille, (both unfortunately IMHO). We don't know for sure, but that is my bet.

i'm currently building the '69 Camaro 3in1 version called street machine..

it doesn't contain the Z/28 hood/bonnet stripes at all ..which i'm not happy with

so i'm kinda hoping they WILL include these in the Foose version ,as to being able to build stock

cause for the life of me i wouldn't know where to get these over here..

i'd also would like to see the Year one Foose design..but i guess retooling it all would be way to expensive in the end..

IMHO I don't care who puts their signature on it, as long as it does not jack up the price I'm ok with it. I made a mistake and traded off my 1:12 vette. I want to build the large scale kits so $70 is not bad, besides that if it does go to HL there's a coupon. If not i usually find it on sale or another coupon somewhere.

Well, at least for me Foose=RUINED, so if the kit doesn't have the stock parts i'm out.

I agree.

What other "Foose-Parts" does this kit have than those horrible wheels and tires? I don't have a single 1/12 Scale Model Car part, and in my bugdet, buying many parts seperately doesn't work. Then, if the kit has no Stock parts, then I'm not going to pay that big bucks on a kit I could never build, since I don't put those horrible modern parts in my cars. :lol:

I am just not a Foose fan. I really think it is cool that Revell is doing more in 1/12 but why not a stock RS Z-28???? Their marketing really is a mystery to me.

joe.

I would be floored if stock parts are not included, and we have spoken many times on how Revell understands their target customer. I think stock parts are a safe bet. However guys like Foose and Trepanier are bringing a whole new generation into the custom car hobby. They are the Starbird and Roth of this generation. So this is Revell's way of killing two birds with one stone. Pretty brilliant if you ask me.

I'll gladly plunk down $69.99 for this kit when and if it does become available!! I've been after one for a while now and the other versions almost always goes above MSRP on ebay.

it looks like that one would have the RS grille. It would really be nice to have that.

What would be really nice is if there was a tag-on p/e set made for use with the existing Model Car Garage 1/12 '69 Camaro p/e parts. The RS headlight door "blinds", grile trim, "RS" and "rally sport" nameplates, and faux quarter panel ducts would be welcome additions, provided someone else tackles the RS/SS tail light lenses, rear valence panel and backup lights/bezels, and the grille and headlight doors. I want to say the inner fender edges which form the grille opening are different on the RS/SS models, too.

How many additional kits would they sell above and beyond the standard Z/28 version if they added the RS-specific options? Enough to cover the cost of tooling up those new parts? I doubt it and I doubt more than 100 people would even care if it included RS-specific parts. A '69 Camaro kit sells itself and this kit has been reissued four times (the Foose version will make it five), so so why mess with a perfect sales success?

In essence your question is stock vs. custom. In my opinion doing custom jobs is very personal, buying someone else's idea of a custom Camaro is just that someone else's idea. I think the stock '69 Camaro Z28 RS/SS would easily sell enough to warrant the extra tooling costs. Just look at the sales numbers for the 1/25 version!!!

joe.

Edited by jaydar

Big wheels ruin everything! Myself as well hope that there is stock parts and decals to build a stock camaro with an RS grille, as for customs i think it would be cool if they made some of Barry White's super muscle car models instead, i find his work a little bit more appealing, but that's just me.

considering this was Monogram's 'best' 1/12 kit up to now..

including the Foose ,Coddington ,whatever..parts with the ability to build stock wouldn't hurt sales 1 bit

looking in the wanted section it seemes to pop up quite often..even more than the 57 or the Vette

loosing the past Strip/drag options in former issues of this kit..if wanted someone out there probably has these parts lying around if needed..

And if everybody hates the newer design on an old car ...as in modern drivetrain,wheels ,paintscheme..

why was the Eleanor Mustang (Caroll don't hate me for saying this)..such a big hit and even copied to death in 1/1 and 1/18 Diecast?

it wasn't even a real Shelby...but most people didn't care and loved it ..me too